Sunday, January 8, 2017

McKenzie's 5 Month Happenings

5 Months old today, and wishing so desperately I could freeze time and make her stop growing. McKenzie is full of spunk and doing things already that a 5 month old, should NOT be doing!
New Milestones Reached:
She moves around by rolling both ways and can do a full 360*
Plays with toys
Sits up in bumbo and starting to sit up on her own (up to 1 min)
Trying to get up on her knees
Has successfully mastered getting her thumb in her mouth...eeek. In fact she wants to put EVERYTHING in her mouth
Sadly, she got another cold. Worst one yet and has had some sleep regression for the past two weeks. 
Has the sweetest smiles, and we all found ourselves doing the silliest things to get one from her
 Sitting up!
Discovered Peanut (I can perfectly remember the photo shoot when Maddie discovered Tink...I'm going to try to find that pic to post)
 See...I wasn't joking when I said she wants to put everything in her mouth, even Peanut.
 The thumb she loves so much

Some pictures of her past month with the family 
 Meeting Santa for the 1st time!!! 

McKenzie did such a great job 

My favorite presents on Santa's lap
 Christmas Eve with cousins
McKenzie meeting her cousin Addison for the 1st time, so excited she gets to have a buddy only 3 months apart. 
Kenzie getting her first ornament on Christmas Eve. Poor baby had a miserable cold:(
Christmas
So happy Kenzie isn't just an ultrasound pic this year
Last years pic above
Kids stair pic! First of many more to come. 
Madison's gift to McKenzie. Maddie made it and wrapped it all by herself. It was a total surprise for us all. 

Christmas best for church. 
 Looking oh so very cute, always! 
 Some of her cute admirers 
 This is how she greets me in the morning when I go in to wake her up
 leopard jammies
 sitting in the bumbo
 Twinners with one of my piano students at our recital 
 Reading with big sis
 Taking a nap with Daddy 
 Swimming for the first time. 
Kenzie was a good sport and never cried. I don't think it was her favorite though. Soon enough Madison and I will turn her into a little fish, if it's the last thing we do. 

 The window stroll with our Zaugg boys and Aunt Jenny 
 Getting her first taste of solid foods. Yep, a pickle :0
 Twinners
 First time sledding
 Playing with her bestie Claire  
It's been another great month (minus the cold) with our sweet Kenzie Lynn. Anxious for what the next month will bring...hopefully not crawling! 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, these photos are adorable!!!!! I remember when Maddie discovered Tink too :)