Merry Christmas
WOW! It is crazy for me to believe that Christmas has already come and gone! It honestly seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating last years Christmas. Don't worry though I will live in the present and tell you about this year's Christmas:)
This year we spent Christmas with my family in Washington and had a really great time. The only sad part was when it was over.
We got to participate in all the holiday traditions, eat at lots of yummy restaurants and make good food of our own, go fishing, go to the temple, see old friends, and spend time together as a family (lots of Ticket to Ride). I wasn't the best photographer this year. I guess I was having too much fun living in the moment, and forgot I have to take pictures to remember those moments. Anyways I hope you enjoy the pictures that I did take!
We got to participate in all the holiday traditions, eat at lots of yummy restaurants and make good food of our own, go fishing, go to the temple, see old friends, and spend time together as a family (lots of Ticket to Ride). I wasn't the best photographer this year. I guess I was having too much fun living in the moment, and forgot I have to take pictures to remember those moments. Anyways I hope you enjoy the pictures that I did take!
Hansen Family Tradition of lining up on the stairs before we could go in the living room and open presents.
Our Christmas Stockings! We must have been good this year because Santa was good to us:)
Me on Santa's, I mean Papa's lap
Mom with her annual calendar I made.
I surprised Scottie with some of "his" teams stuff, I also got him a Jazz hat!
Me and my Little Bro- I had to put a picture of us together because this will be his last Christmas home for 2 years (he will be leaving on a mission soon)
A highlight of my trip home was getting to see my childhood friend Kari. We went to breakfast together and had a much needed chat! I love you girl:)
Having some fun as a family during our ping-pong tournament.The best part of the trip home was probably getting to go to the temple as a family. It was so neat to be there all at the same time. The kids all did baptisms together and it was a really great experience. After we went to Outback Steakhouse and had some fun!
Best group pic from dinner...see what I mean I wasn't very diligent about pictures.
Being home with my family was the best Christmas gift I could have ever asked for. As I get older and OLDER I am realizing I don't care about the presents, I care more about being with those I love the most. I also love this time of the year because it helps me to reflect and think about my Savior. I am so grateful that he is the reason for the season. Every time I write Christmas I want to underline the Christ part. I pray that with this New Year we will all be able to strengthen our relationship with him.
Love you all and best wishes for 2011!





9 comments:
I love these pictures- especially the one on the stairs:) It's also really fun to see after having done the videos for your family- literally watching you all grow up! You were lucky to be together, not gonna lie, this Christmas day was pretty weird at the Parker home. We still enjoyed it a whole lot, and did some things we have never done on Christmas day, but no Scottie and Angie, and no Kelsey and Johnny was, well...different to say the least. Thanksfully, everybody but you guys were together on Christmas Eve and I LOVED THAT NIGHT!!! We got a new game that you are gonna like:) It's called Word on the Street and it's right up your alley!
Love ya!!!
We missed you guys but Jason made great buckeyes in your honor! :)
love that you got scottie a patriots shirt. when you were visiting you could have had josh, i mean tom brady sign it for you... ;)
you look so happy on your blog. spending time with family is so special. i think it's more special when you live so far away. we really miss you guys!!
Great posting Angie, I had a great Christmas with you and the family as well. I didn't do a very good job taking pictures either or we would have had more. Luckily we now have a new camera and can do better in the future. Sure love you.
Nice narration Angie--and great pics!! It was great to have you and Scottie here with us. Love you, Mom
I think this is such a sweet post! I'm glad you had such a fantastic Christmas, you certainly deserve it! I think the pictures are great, I'm usually the one taking the pictures so I'm hardly ever In them - so good job being in your pictures! LOL! :) Love you!
I miss you Ang! I'm so glad you had fun with your family and how neat to all go to the temple together. That is the best feeling (the only time we've had our family together at the temple was for my wedding)!
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! How fun!
Yeah for being home with family for Christmas. I am totally with you on the being with family than having presents. I would take that any day!
Post a Comment