I just found out my evening classes were cancelled due to an ice storm. I am overjoyed...like when I was 5 years old and would go ballistic when I would find out I didn't have to go to school because it was a snow day!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can enjoy the night with my cute hubby instead of being in class until 10pm!
Thank you crazy OHIO weather:)
Any good weather stories you want to share?
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
That is awesome!! This is my first ice storm experience... it really is pretty crazy! The trees are my favorite--they look awesome! I hope you have a wonderful evening not sitting in class! :)
i love it! isn't it the best?? work is canceled for me! whoohooo!
Well, we may not have the ice, but Centerville certainly had the wind yesterday! At 11 a.m., the temp was 12 degrees but with the 40 mph wind, the wind chill brought it down to -5 degrees. And of course I had to go out in it because my garbage can was blowing away! I didn't realize how cold it was, and didn't wear gloves. When I came back in my hands were aching in a way I had never felt- I had to hold them under cold water to make the pain go away. It hasn't been this cold in Utah for over 3 years! This is crazy:)
Yay for canceled class! Last wednesday the kids and I got stuck in "thundersnow". We were like 2 miles from home and it took us 2 and a half hours to get there. I am seriously aching for Arizona. The next day, no one showed up in Clark's office even though his commute was no problem cause the roads/rails were clear by then. The government takes its "snow days" very seriously!
The whole world is turning to ice! Okay, maybe not, but it seems like it. Even Texas has 'frozen over' and schools, businesses, and the temple has been closed for the past two days. So crazy. Utah is freezing too, but unfortunately school hasn't been cancelled for me. Enjoy it :)
I'm glad it was canceled so you could hang out with me too. January 2 years ago I remember this happened and we had to boil water and pour it on our car to get the ice to start coming off. It was an inch thick ice... Crazy.
Yes, I do have a weather story to tell. Do any of you remember when we were coming home from Idaho at Thanksgiving and your mother was driving the van. I was in the back asleep and I think Austin was about a year old. We run into an ice storm just out of Portland and your mother slid into the guard rail, then spun around and hit the barrier. She ended up with the van across both lanes of the freeway and we were on a corner. She got out of the car and I was trying to back the van up and get in the right direction of the freeway, when a big semi-truck came around the corner. He was heading right for our van. Mom was outside of the car with April. She was beating on the window crying for her children. I remember her saying my babies, my babies. (I don’t think she was referring to me.) I know Austin was in the car seat and one other kid was still in the van with me. I knew we were all dead. I told Karen to take the kids she had and run. Then I looked at the truck driver. I can still remember his face. I could see his eyes and he was holding up his hand as if to say “I am sorry, but there is no where for me to go and I can’t hit my brakes because the road is icy.” At first I was scared, but then a most peaceful feeling came over me. I was serving as Bishop at that time. I felt the love of the Lord and know I had lived my life for Him and that He was pleased with the way I had lived my life. I wasn’t afraid to die and felt a great peace and calm come over me. Somehow, he went around the front of the van without hitting us. Karen said that you couldn’t have fit a piece of paper between that semi and our van. I have always been grateful that our lives had been spared, but I have never worried about dying, since having that experience. I would have hated to have left Karen without a husband and each of you children without a dad. I know that if we are living our lives right that death will not be a miserable experience. I think that scriptures refer to it as “sweet”. (Maybe someone can look that reference up for the rest of us.) I know that experience was helped me to make right choices and to serve better. Any way that is the weather story that comes to my mind. I hope that you are all having a good week. It is hump-day was we are at the middle of the week. Love,
DAD.
THE REST OF THE STORY IS THAT WE PULLED INTO A REST STOP ONLY ABOUT A MILE DOWN THE ROAD. WE GOT OUT PREPARED TO SEE SOME BIG DENTS ON THE SIDES OF THE VAN. THERE WAS NOTHING! only a couple of scratches on the front of the front bumper---UNBELIEVABLE! WE TOLD OUR CHILDREN THAT HEAVENLY FATHER HAD BEEN WATCHING OVER US BECAUSE WE PAY OUR TITIHING!! Hope you are all doing well.
Love MOM
Hey Angie girl, no fun weather stories here. :/ Sorry, I guess I'm boring. :) But I liked reading your post, it reminded me of my school days, back in the day. How are things? I guess Christmas Break slipped away from us again....man, it has been too long. What are the hour differences again? I swear everytime I'm about to call, I realize that it is probably 11:00 at night where you live, so I stop...grrrrr. I'm calling you soon, and it might be late, or an inconvenient time...but, I will be calling you :) heheh love ya Vevs
Post a Comment