Surprise!!! If you didn't know already I chopped my hair off! I have been wanting to cut my hair off and donate it again for sometime now, but have been waiting for the right moment to do it. Well that right moment came in August while Scottie was out of town. I got 20 inches cut off and ended up having 3 hair cuts until I was finally SUPER happy with the way it turned out. (Thanks Deanna)
AFTER
I ended up being able to still surprise Scottie even though he was super suspicious while he was out of town. He kept asking me to send him pictures of myself...so I would cleverly have to attach my cut hair to my head and take a picture LOL. He came home and totally loved it. Then I got to head home to Washington and surprise my Hansen family too. They were all so surprised and my Mom started to walk by me in the airport because she didn't recognize me! LOL.
Here is the first hair cut...cute, but not my favorite. I like the A-line that I have now with the spicy layers.
I turned 27 on the 24th of August!!! My birthday ended up being a super great day and I got to feel special all day thanks to many people. Scottie was out of town so I was feeling sorry for myself thinking my BIRTHDAY was going to be lame, but I couldn't have been more wrong! My birthday started out with me getting birthday EVE flowers from Scottie who had a neighbor put them in our house, while I was in class.
Then I went to work on my birthday and discovered that my boss had decorated my office and arranged for "Birthday Elves" to bring a flower, balloon, and gift card to my office every half hour throughout the day! Here is the first birthday elf of the day.

Then my good friend Hannah stopped by and brought me my MOST favorite thing to eat in the whole world!!! Meier cinnamon rolls:) Thanks Hannah you are seriously the BEST EVER!!!

Me with another birthday elf!!!

Then my good friend Hannah stopped by and brought me my MOST favorite thing to eat in the whole world!!! Meier cinnamon rolls:) Thanks Hannah you are seriously the BEST EVER!!!
Me with another birthday elf!!!
Some more:)

Then at lunch we had a pink birthday party, and I even got a pink cake with my name on it!!! Funny how little things like that can make you so happy:) Connie is the greatest and planned the whole day out for me!!! She made it perfect and I love working with her.

Another birthday Elf!!!

Me at the end of the day with my birthday stash!!!

Then that night 15 gals joined me for my birthday dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse. It was great to be surrounded by so many friends!!! Oh yes everyone entertained me and wore birthday hats at the restaurant. LOL.


My birthday present to myself was redecorating my living room wall. Here is another before and after picture series.

AFTER

I was super happy with the way it turned out! Also I need to give a special shout out to the Taylors for helping me hang the shelves and frames. Well thanks for reading this post all about me!!! Stay tuned for more things that include Scottie like: our trip to Chicago & Scottie's Boards, Austin's visit to C-bus, and Jason's visit to C-bus.
Then at lunch we had a pink birthday party, and I even got a pink cake with my name on it!!! Funny how little things like that can make you so happy:) Connie is the greatest and planned the whole day out for me!!! She made it perfect and I love working with her.
Another birthday Elf!!!
Me at the end of the day with my birthday stash!!!
Then that night 15 gals joined me for my birthday dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse. It was great to be surrounded by so many friends!!! Oh yes everyone entertained me and wore birthday hats at the restaurant. LOL.
The Birthday Crew!!!

Me with the gift card loot! I think my shopping needs will be set for a couple of years with all of these!

Then that night after I got home from dinner Scottie called and told me he had hid something for me in the house. It was a box full of presents, so I could still have a birthday circle even though he was out of town. I will admit he got some major points and I was way impressed that he went birthday shopping, wrapped the presents, and hid them all a month in advance so I could still have presents to open while he was out of town. I love my Scottie and feel blessed that he takes such good care of me.

Me in the birthday circle. I had two of them just in case you were wondering why my outfits are different. One by myself while Scottie was gone and then one once he got home.

Another fun thing I did for my birthday was sign up for every possible email birthday offer that gave you something free on your birthday. Some of my free birthday meals included: Mad Mex, Spaghetti Warehouse, Noodles and Company, Pita Pit, and Cold Stone. It was a great birthday and I am grateful for everyone family, friends, co-workers, and Scottie who all made it such a great day!!!
Me with the gift card loot! I think my shopping needs will be set for a couple of years with all of these!
Then that night after I got home from dinner Scottie called and told me he had hid something for me in the house. It was a box full of presents, so I could still have a birthday circle even though he was out of town. I will admit he got some major points and I was way impressed that he went birthday shopping, wrapped the presents, and hid them all a month in advance so I could still have presents to open while he was out of town. I love my Scottie and feel blessed that he takes such good care of me.
Me in the birthday circle. I had two of them just in case you were wondering why my outfits are different. One by myself while Scottie was gone and then one once he got home.
Another fun thing I did for my birthday was sign up for every possible email birthday offer that gave you something free on your birthday. Some of my free birthday meals included: Mad Mex, Spaghetti Warehouse, Noodles and Company, Pita Pit, and Cold Stone. It was a great birthday and I am grateful for everyone family, friends, co-workers, and Scottie who all made it such a great day!!!
My birthday present to myself was redecorating my living room wall. Here is another before and after picture series.
BEFORE
AFTER
I was super happy with the way it turned out! Also I need to give a special shout out to the Taylors for helping me hang the shelves and frames. Well thanks for reading this post all about me!!! Stay tuned for more things that include Scottie like: our trip to Chicago & Scottie's Boards, Austin's visit to C-bus, and Jason's visit to C-bus.





11 comments:
Oh my gosh your hair!!! It's so cute! So glad to see you guys are doing great. We miss you and Cbus!
wow, that month ahead present wrapping and hiding is pretty impressive. Glad you had such a special day!
and I too LOVE your hair. One hot chick!
Amazing birthday! I'm so glad it was fantastic, even though Scottie wasn't there. Happy (late) birthday!
Happy Birthday! Looks like you were one spoiled girlie. So much fun. Oh and I love the haircut! So cute! So I just noticed something...every time you are in a pic with Scottie and his arm is around you, you are always on your tippie toes :) Hehe! Love it!
Love the hair! Very spicy and probably such a fun change. I love that mom walked right by you. Love and miss you tons. Hope all is going well. Love, April
Glad you had such a great birthday and your hair looks awesome! I think I'm getting to that point again soon too. Good job going for it and then not settling for something you didn't like!
I'm way jealous that you look good with long and short hair. It is soooo cute and sassy! I wish I could cut mine short.
What a fun birthday! Props to Scottie, and what fun co-workers. I can tell they must really love you!
I totally love your hair!!! I just chopped mine off & I don't like the cut, I may have to copy yours! Happy Bday!
Happy Belated birthday!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday happy, happy birthday.. It WAS your day, and you had a lot of fun, boom, boom, boom!! ;) it looks like it turned out to be a great day thanks to your sweet hubby and friends! And can I just say, you are rocking that hair cut!!! I love the A line cut as well, so sassy!!! Wow, to have so much hair and then go so short, insanely fun change! :) you rock both long hair and short hair: lucky!!! fun to see an update, I wAs starting to worry about you. Love ya girl
Congrats! You are one year older and wiser too! Happy Birthday... to you. Love and miss you.
How did I miss this post?!? I love you! Your haircut is FAB - absolutely darling! This post was AWESOME - kudos to Scottie for thinking ahead and hiding presents! So cute! :)
Post a Comment