Thursday, February 23, 2012

MADISON IS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after a wonderful sleepless night Madison has arrived! She was born at 7:04am, February 23, 2012. She came 2 weeks early but she is healthy, weighs 5 lbs 6 oz, and measures 18.5 inches.


Being the dedicated husband I have taken the official assignment to blog within the first 24 hours. So, here is the summary:

Tuesday 21st - went in for routine checkup and the doctor noted the uterus hadn't increased in size for the past 3 weeks. So she scheduled us for an ultrasound.

Wednesday 22nd
3:30pm - went for the ultrasound and most things looked good, but she was a bit small for her age and thus the doctor wanted us to go to Labor and Delivery for monitoring.
5:00pm - At this point we were pretty nervous but hoping all would be well. We stayed on the cardiac rhythm monitor for 2 hours and everything looked pretty good. The doctor said we could likely go home but wanted to schedule an induction for early the next week.
7:00pm - As we were getting ready to leave Angie mentioned that she had felt a trickle of water below, so the doctor checked and as soon as she saw it, she said "or we can just have a baby today" Turns out Angie's water broke while in L and D!
8:00pm - We changed to the Labor room, Angie convinced them to let her eat one last meal before induction, so I ran and got us some Wendy's.
9:00pm - We ate fast and they hooked up the IV and we were on our way.
11:00pm - Contractions started coming on stronger and Angie was handling them like a champ. I went home and grabbed our stuff so we were good to go.

Thursday 23rd
2:00am - Angie got the epidural!!! She was happy to receive it and it knocked out almost all of the pain. With that in place she started to dilate fast.
4:00am - She progressed to a 4 pretty quickly, but without much sleep.
6:00am - She went from a 4 to a 9 in about 45 minutes.
6:30am - The doctor came in and decided it was time to do some pushing! She did so great.
6:50am - She was pushing great for about 20 minutes but her contractions were continuous so the baby heart beat was staying low. The doctor decided to use scalp suction to help her deliver faster and we pulled and pushed for about 10 more min and...
7:04 am - Baby Madison came into the world, eyes wide open!!!
Seriously it was so awesome, she came out calm and peaceful and just looking around. Pediatricians said she looked good, the OB finished up with us and we are now officially a family of 3. Fortunately we had been getting things ready all along at home so we are mostly ready for her. We're thrilled to be parents, Madison is awesome.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! What a precious little tiny bundle of joy! She's beautiful.

Allyson said...

Congrats Parker fam!! What a lucky little girl! So glad to hear everything went well!

xo

Tracy said...

Maddy is AWESOME and everybody loves her already!!!

Melinda said...

Congratulations! So glad everything went well. She's a little doll!

Steph said...

Yay!! Congratulations! How funny you were at L&D when your water broke. How convenient ;0) I am so happy all went well and mom and Maddison are doing great. You both look so happy and Maddison is absolutely adorable!! I can't wait to meet her.

Ellen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is so cute and really is wide eyed! I love it! I also find it hilariously convenient that you were in l&d when your water broke!!! So happy for you to be a cute little family of 3! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! (I guess I should finish your gift now! Ha.)

HDVB said...

Congratulations!!!! She is SO darling, such a precious little angel. I just love her so much already! Way to go Angie! Perfect timing with your water breaking and already being in L&D!!! Love it!

Natalie Bergin said...

I love her...and you guys.

Kendall Watkins said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. She is really beautiful. I hope your recovery goes well Angie.

daniela said...

YAY! We can't wait to meet the little lady. So happy for your family! :)

taryn said...

So happy she's here!!! Congrats Angie and Scottie!! She is one petite little girl! I thought Liv was small at 6lbs 6oz. She is gorgeous just like her Momma :) So happy everyone is doing well. Enjoy this time with your new baby girl!

alysonrobinett said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is beautiful!

Megan said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful and I'm so glad you're all healthy and happy. It's a good thing I'm not there though, because if I picked her up, she might go flying across the room... a 5 lb baby?! What's that!!! I wouldn't know, but she's just a darlin' little munchkin!

Unknown said...

Hooray hooray! Can't believe your water broke WHILE in L&D!!!! We were praying for you guys after Eric saw you, so are so happy to see a healthy Maddie and mom! Seriously, congrats, guys! She is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Anela and Scottie,

I love the blog and the pictures. I can not wait to see her. It was so amazing to hear her cry on the phone. I already love her and I do not think she could ask for better parents. You two will be terrific. I love being a grandfather. Angela, she looks so much like you, with that red hair. You have earned your $1000.00, but you don't get it until I get to hold her. Love Grandpa

Rachael said...

so so so awesome! welcome to the world of parenting- you'll love it! she's adorable!

Our Fun Times said...

YAY!!!! What an exciting time!!! Isn't it the most wonderful thing to have that baby in your arms!!! She is beautiful!!!! So glad all is well, what a blessing!!!!! Can't wait to talk to you Angie, 4-9 in about 45 min... Sounds like my deliveries :) I love it!!!!!!!!!! Abhhhhhh, just so excited for you guys! :D Thanks for the blog post scott!

E said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations Parkers!

Tierra said...

She is so perfect in every way! Congrats!

Brianna said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations you guys. Glad the delivery went smoothly. We would love to meet little Madison! Hope all is well.

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable! I am glad everything went well! We are so thrilled for you! I know you have been anxiously awaiting her arrival! What a sweet girl.