Saturday, August 2, 2014

4th of July

We had a perfect 4th with a parade, carnival, fishing, fire works, and a July 4th home improvement project!
 Happy 4th of July From the Parkers!!!
Maddie and Mommy
 Scottie had to work in the morning, so Madison and I went to check out some of the Centerville festivities and even met up with Grandma Tracy.  
 Petting a mini pony-just the right size for Maddie.
 Playing in the bounce houses and other blow up toys/slides (all free!!!) 
 Watching some singers with Grandma Tracy. Both looking cute in their 4th of July outfits
 Madison getting to go "fishing" at the fishing booth. She got a little pink and yellow fish that she and Grandma named bubbles.
 Fishing for reals with Daddy!!! Once Scottie got home we went to the Bountiful Pond to feed the ducks and fish.
 We really love the ducks here, they're really sweet. I can't say the same about the geese though! (I think Madison had her first nightmare about them) 
 The ducks came out of the water while Madison fed them. I thought she would be nervous, but wasn't!
 Madison out in the water with Dad
 Me giving it a try...no luck!
 Scottie's amazing a did a little project for us and moved our secondary water pipe over by the door. 
 
Working hard
 And finally fireworks. Madison LOVED LOVED LOVED them this year. Every time one would go off she would say, "fireworks go boom" or she would ask where Tinkerbell was (She watched a firework show at Disneyland and Tinkerbell flew around the castle during them). This would make Scottie and I laugh. We just adore her and all the cute things she says. 
The firework show was at Eagle Wood Golf Course and we sat on hole #1 watching them, right next to where they were being launched from. It was pretty amazing! Happy 4th of July and we're so blessed to live in America. May we always be worthy of God's blessings. 

1 comment:

JenZ said...

I love the TinkerBell question! So cute that she connected that!