BE WARNED: This is a lengthy post and rightfully so!
I can't believe that my BYU girls retreat has already come and gone! 7 of us were able to get together, and it was a totally epic. Words will never do this vacation justice but I did come up with a few R's that I'll throw out there:) Relaxing, rejuvenating, reconnecting, reuniting, rowdy, and a REALLY REALLY Rad Time in Rhode Island! I am so grateful I have a sweet husband who encouraged me to go, and for all the friends who watched Madison, so this vacation would be possible. I was hesitant to go, but am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I went! I love that Heavenly Father placed these girls into my life 11 years ago when we met in good old Desert Towers (the no longer existing BYU dorms), and that we have stayed close through the years. They really are a unique group of girls and I am honored to know them. Also this reunion was pretty amazing because we came from all a crossed the country (Ut, IN, KT, FL and RI) and have 14.5 babies between us. Kudos to our amazing hubbies...who may have had to put up with some prank calling:)...we reverted back to our Freshman ways!
Manda and I on the same flight-ready to start our girls retreat 2014. So glad we had flights together because I was fighting back tears after I left my baby! Our final destination was Meg Caswell's house:) We all got in Weds night and stayed up far to late chatting and catching up.....actually that is the story of this vacation, LOTS OF LATE NIGHT CHATTING!
Thursday Morning we kicked off the festivities by going to Newport and taking a sail boat tour! It was breath taking. Rhode Island in the Fall....amazing! Such a great way to start our partying.
Madelene was our ship's name
OH this harbor!!! Soooooooooo dreamy, like straight out of a movie.
Me, Taryn, Meg, Jenny (baby Emily), Deanna, Liz, and Amanda
Crazy fun on the boat
Lunch at Rosemary and Thyme.
Had to make a quick stop at the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Scottie was proud of me:)
After our sail boat tour we stayed in Newport and toured the Vanderbilt Mansion. I couldn't believe it had only been their summer home.
Jenny and I taking a selfie
US all together after the walking audio tour we did
Friday we did some sight seeing, and boy oh boy did we see some spectacular sites! New England's falls are so colorful. One word to sum up this vacation: picturesque
Just look at that! There's even a white church steeple among the trees.
We went to a local apple orchard in Massachusetts and had lunch, walked around, and took a ton of silly photos.
Love this pic of Manda and Tare! Just captures the real moments we had together.....missing them right now!
Crazy
Meg and I ( my BYU Twinner)
A rock wall and log fence, WE COULDN'T resist this photo op! It was so Pride and Prejudice. Once again this day was picturesque.
We ended our Friday by going out to dinner to celebrate all our 30th birthdays!
Saturday we relaxed and stayed close to Meg's home. Did I mention that her house is right by a New England beach?!!! Made me feel like Ann of Green Gables:)
We all collected rocks and shells to bring home... Yes Liz we all did carry rocks home!
After our long walk on the beach we toured Meg's new farm land (38 acres!!!). So beautiful and so excited for them to start this farming adventure.
Tare and I
MY FAVORITE PICTURE!!! See what I mean, the views were indescribable. A fun vacation tid-bit- whenever we would drive by a body of water someone would yell "Water" and we would all start taking pictures. This one was worth stopping for.
Me and Liz
Cooking together by candle light aka phone light!!! A fun memory:) I just loved the simple activities like cooking together, getting ready together, sharing a room together again...made me feel like we were back at BYU.
Enjoying our favorite BYU treats. Mine, Teddy Grams and frosting.
Last night saying goodbye!
Up and at the airport 4am. Pure adrenaline:)
So glad I had this sweet little one with my thoughtful hubby to welcome me home!
What a happy reunion.
Still missing this a little tho...






4 comments:
what a fun (AND PRETTY) trip!! :)
LOL, cooking by iPhone-light... you guys are good sports to deal with my old-timey lifestyle! Love and miss you Ang! I love that Maddie had a sign for you :) Annnndddd... look at how clean your house is when you got home! WOW SCOTTIE!
So much fun was had that weekend!! And I agree with all your R's! So thankful I get to be friends with you all :) Love and miss you!!
Oh Ang!! I loved reading through your post! I am so glad you are such a great journaler and documented our wonderful time together! So picturesque and so rejuvenating! Love and miss everyone! So grateful we have each other! Love ya!
Post a Comment