Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Projects

I have been staying busy with some BIG projects and wanted to share some before and after pictures.

 Before
 During 
 After
I am so happy with how this project turned out and love how the china hutch now matches my kitchen cupboards and table. This piece was my Grandma's and was gifted to me after she passed and I love having this little piece of her in my home. This was my first project with gel stain, and I was super intimidated at first, but got the hang of it, and am now a GEL STAIN FAN!

Madison's Table
Before 
After
This kid table and chairs are about as sentimental as it can get because they are almost 30 years old and were Scottie's when he was a little kid. I sanded down all the chairs, painted them white, and then had Grandma Tracy repaint the rainbows and sun shines on them. Tracy's still got it, and I was so impressed the she could recreate the same design 30 years later. I also distressed the table and put a clear top coat on it. 
Stools
 During (I forgot to take a before picture. They were brown) 
 After
I painted these stools red to accent the red in my kitchen, and really like how they turned out too! I did 4 coats of red, distressed them, and put a clear top coat on. 
Accent Table
After
I used some of the left over gel stain I had from my hutch project and applied 2 lite coats to spruce up this table. I didn't get a before picture:( But it was a light brown before and had some dings and scratches that are all gone now. 

Well, there you have it, I have been having fun giving new life to some furniture:)

1 comment:

Steph said...

These all look fabulous!! Good work!