Sunday, May 10, 2009

Half Marathon Runner Extraordinaire Reports in Again


Well it is me again the Half Marathon Runner Extraordinaire...yes yes yes it was not a full marathon, but half this time, BUT GIVE ME A BREAK RIGHT??? I can still have my title of MARATHON RUNNER EXTRAORDINAIRE right???


On May 2,2009 I ran another half marathon, right here in Columbus,Ohio. It was a beautiful day and the race was incredible. It went right through downtown Columbus, across campus, and through cobblestone neighborhoods. It was a beautiful course and was lots of fun because I had my friends right beside me.

Ally and I ran the whole way together which kept us both pumped up!!! (we weren't even allowed to be tired)

Ally and Taunya Friends From Work (top)

My Girlfriends From My Ward (top)


Anyways it was a blast and I am going to keep running, my sister and I made a goal to run a half marathon in each state that we live in and so far we have done it!!! Plus I have fans like Scottie to cheer me on!

Scottie Jay has always supported me in my running efforts so this picture is a tribute to him!!! This picture was taken at mile 7.5 when he decided to show up and give me a little boost...it came at a time when I really needed it in the race and was a highlight of the event! Scottie has been at every race I have ever done and has cheered me on every step of the way. I love you Scottie, thanks for making the journey worthwhile.

9 comments:

April Henderson said...

You are still marathon runner extraordinaire!!!!!!! Props to you too Scottie, How can I get JOrdan to run w/ me now??? Ang, You look great, like you haven't even run yet :)

Melinda said...

You are so amazing. I didn't know you knew all those girls in my ward! How fun! Congrats on your marathon. I wish I could be like you. :)

heather said...

WOW!! You are wonder woman!! :) Congrats Angie - I am very impressed! If you're thinking about doing it again next year ... I might want to ask you to be my running buddy. If I get the guts to train again ... we shall see! You are amazing!

Javidite said...

Wow, you are quite the runner. Steph and I want to run a 10K next month but even that sounds like a lot to me. You will be our inspiration for this next week as we try to get in shape.

Ally said...

LOVE those pics!! So much cuter than mine! Thank you so much for keeping me in the race. Totally couldn't have done it without you! I miss seeing you. I am going to text you back in two minutes (sorry I check my phone at 10:30 pm!) Are you up for gym/chat on Wednesday?? I need it!!

HDVB said...

You look gorgeous even when you have completed a 1/2 marathon, sheesh Angie! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE! I love you and love your cookies and friendship and need to be able to see and talk with you more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the idea for running in every state you live. How fun!

The Dimond's You Love said...

go you! you marathon runner! sweet deal, I can only run with my dog when he doesn't want to pee on bushes so props to you! love ya

Anne said...

I know this was a while ago...but great job again on running the marathon! You're awesome!