Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ohio State Football

So Angie and I went to the OSU vs Navy game on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OSU 31 (1-0), Navy 27
Since Angie went and loved it, I told her I would post. We were both very excited to go to our first OSU football game together, I went to a few last year, but she didn't so this was our first one of many more to come.

Ohio State football is quite an event. We rode the bus down and walked a few blocks till we got there. Along the way we walked past all sorts of parties with people playing beer pong and cornhole, and having BBQ's. There were thousands of people tailgating and Nike, Gatorade, Coke, and other sponsors set up tents all around the stadium. We got there 15 minutes early and the stadium was already packed, there was not an empty seat of the 105,000 seats in the stadium, it was full of red from beginning to end. Quite the experience. Here is a picture from our cell phone as we forgot the camera.
Angie really liked the game and she is loving football more and more everyday and that makes me love her even more. We are so thrilled to be Buckeyes and we are both looking forward to more games together. (The picture below is also from the cell phone, so it looks a little goofy. Also, that is not my dad in front of her, although judging from the hat I can see why you might think it was... :)
Navy gave us a scare, the game was a little closer than we had wanted but the defense came through in the end, as we saved the game by intercepting their two point conversion attempt and returned it to our endzone. Here is the return.
We also got to see the famous OSU marching band. They have what they call "The best damn band in the land" They were good. The crowd actually does not leave for half time, but stays standing in the stands to watch the band perform. They did play great, compared to the many bands I have seen... Angie loved that too, I didn't mind it, but I was ready for half time to be over. They always end in the script Ohio, so I thought I would include that here too.

5 comments:

Blackhursts said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I can only imagine how loud that stadium gets in a game like that. Hope their season goes a little better than the Sooners!

Scottie and Angie said...

I love that you posted Scottie!!! Very fitting for the event...considering the fact that it was about football. I think he did a better job then I would have done LOL. The game was amazing! If you haven't had the chance to go yet....GO To an OHIO State Football game!

heather said...

I have started enjoying football way more since moving here. Before, it was all about the cheerleaders for me! :) Now I actually watch the games! Glad you guys have such a great time!

Anonymous said...

This is Dustin, I am jealous that sounds like it was a ton of fun. Ohio State looked good but how about them cougars, and USU scored 17 points against Utah... go aggies!

Jeremy said...

Scott, my wife would be so jealous considering she is from Ohio, and loves college football!!!!!! How are your classes and everything?