The Final Product!!!
It’s for reals, me Angie Hansen Parker the girl who was afraid of sewing machines has made a dress, and I absolutely love it! My good friend Kelli convinced me back in April (while Joann’s was having a sale) to make a dress. I was skeptical at first, but Kelli promised to help me every step of the way and she really did!!! My dress became our project/excuse to get together for the next couple of months, and now we are DONE! Thanks to Kelli I now love sewing and am excited to start our next project which is swimsuit repair…so stay tuned. Thanks again Kelli, for the sewing lessons, good times, laughs, and memories we shared during this project!PS. Reading sewing patterns is still like reading a foreign language to me….I think that skill comes with time and practice!
Me conquering my fear of sewing machines!
My instructor and friend Kelli the AMAZING!
The almost done dress above and the DONE dress below








10 comments:
Yeah! I am so proud of you for finishing it! It looks wonderful!
You are amazing!!
Wow! I am way impressed! I wish I could have your skills with the sewing machine. The dress looks so good!
I haven'tsewn anything big like that for years. I am jelous. Although, Jim bought me a sewing machine back in early June and so I have been sewing small stuff. I still think reading patterns is like a foreign language.
Whoo hoo!! You go girl! :) That dress is ADORABLE!
I'm SO glad that I was able to see you yesterday! You're so wonderful!
I saw you wearing that dress on Sunday and TOTALLY wanted to compliment you - and I didn't even know you MADE it! That's insane! You rock!! I LOVE it - a LOT. :) Way to go!!
wow, super congrats, Angie! Dresses are tough, let's be honest. Patterns still kill me. I don't know how to read them either. Great work! The dress fits perfectly and is super flattering!
Angie, I'm so proud! The dress (and you) look great!
Wow, you go girl!! Amazing!! Great work, I'm seriously impressed!
That's amazing, sewing clothes is hard! Glad to see you guys are having fun in the fall as well :)
Post a Comment