Sunday, October 4, 2009

Update From Columbus

I was looking through my pictures and realized I never posted about lots of things Scottie and I have been up too. Some of the things are too exciting to skip over so I decided I would do a post even though some of the activities are outdated....SO ENJOY the update!!!

BACK TO SCHOOL FOR ANGIE!!! Yes it's true. I have decided to go back to school! Since I work at OSU I get to take classes for free, so I decided to take some classes that will apply for my Master's Degree! Scottie is so cute and took a picture of me on my first day back to school.

OSU Football- We went to another OSU game this time with our good friends the Tolmans. Scottie called the game our defining moment as true Buckeye Fans because it rained the entire time, but yet we still stayed until the very end!

Kelli and I both must think alike because we both asked our hubbies at different times if they would do the O-H-I-O pose with us LOL. They agreed.


Trying new foods. I am in a culinary cooking club and our challenge for this month was Thai food. I made Heavenly Pineapple Fried Rice. It was super yummy and was a big hit at the group dinner. I also made POP can chicken it's a pretty popular way people cook there chicken out here in Columbus...They use beer though instead of POP. We used Sprit.

I felt bad for the little bird. I hate when you can tell what you are eating.

The Parker family decided to plant a garden this year. We rented a garden plot with some other friends of ours and then shared watering days. It worked out really well, and we loved the experience. Plus we got lots of yummy fresh produce from our very own garden!

Scottie surprised me and took me to a baseball game... we had a lot of fun together and enjoyed sitting by some crazy fans! The sun set while we were there and it was amazing!!!




14 comments:

Scottie and Angie said...

test

We Rock Well said...

Congrats on going back to school Angie!! I'm oh so very proud of you and wish you luck with all your future homework and tests! The pineapple rice looked pretty cool, you should hook up with Amy on recipes - she's a food network junkie!!
We miss you oh so very much!!! Hope to see you soon!

Amber Smith said...

That picture of the sun setting behind the Huntington Park sign looks so cool!

taryn said...

Ang, you're hot! I just really felt like you needed to know that. You look so pretty in all the pics, and I can't wait to talk to you soon and hear all about everything! My days run together, but I don't have school on Fridays so hopefully you have some free time then and we can talk!

Brianna said...

You guys have been very busy. Hope school is going well!

Allyson said...

I have a few things to say (I know you're shocked:)
1. That first day of school pic was adorable.
2. Will you please teach me how to make that pineapple dish?
3. You WERE SOAKING WET! You need ponchos!!
4. Go BUCKS!:)
5. Oh, and I can't wait until WW (I mean, TW) resume. Muah!

Veronica said...

I want to hear about your classes. Are you full time or just taking some classes? Are you going to get your masters at OSU, or just work toward it?
I was thinking of going to UAF here in Fairbanks. I will take some classes but I probably won't get my masters, here anyway.

Scott Parker said...

Great work Angie, another classic post. Thanks for keeping this current for all the people to check it out. I love you.

Taunya and Ian said...

That is awesome that you get that perk of free classes! Good for you for taking advantage of it! Your garden is a lot bigger than I had pictured it! What a fun post!

heather said...

Yay for free classes!! I hope they're going well! I love the update - it's fun to see what goes on in one another's lives. You guys are awesome!

linzi said...

Wow, you have been up to so much lately!!! And congrats on going back to school! What classes are you taking? How do you like being down on campus?!! I thought it was so much fun - other than the part where I had to walk to the bus in the freezing cold everyday! Anyway, I hope you are loving it! And your pineapple rice was incredible. Which reminds me - I'm suppose to host this month, and we've decided on Lebanese! I'll send you an email though!

Jeremy said...

Looks like you guys just have way too much fun! Can I say that my wife is soooooo jealous about your being able to go to Buckeye games any time you want!!!! have fun out there.

April Henderson said...

Ang, You are so cute! I hope that school is going good for you. I love all of the fun adventures that you and Scottie have, and don't worry, I read your blog, and my friend Tiff blog stalks you too. LOL! Love APril

Anne said...

How fun Angie!! I loved looking and reading your update. That's exciting about you starting classes, congrats! And looks like you and Scottie are having a good time! Miss and love you!