Sunday, January 17, 2010

Holiday Update

I can hardly believe that Christmas has come and gone!!! That is probably why it has taken me so long to blog about it! Anyways we had a wonderful Holiday Break from school and work, and we are able to spend over two weeks with friends and family, which we loved. We first celebrated Christmas in style at our Ward party (see pics below), then we were off to Utah to spend Christmas with Scottie's family, and finally we were off to Washington to spend New Years with my family.
Our Ward Christmas Party-just a side-note Scottie and I love our ward out here in Columbus and we feel so blessed to have the chance to be in a married student ward...it reminds us of our BYU days!

Our party's theme was: Merriest Christmas Sweater....I think we all did a good job! Kelli and I showing off what we found at Goodwill.

UTAH-
Scottie and I got to celebrate Christmas with Scottie's family this year in Utah. We were really blessed and got to do lots of fun things with family and friends while we were there. We spent lots of time with Scottie's family (especially his two adorable nephews), had yummy Cafe Rio food, and even got to go to a Jazz game!
Here's Scottie making homemade Ohioan Buckeyes for his family to eat! They were a big hit and turned out really good. Way to go Scottie!

Christmas Morning!!! Scottie had a surprise waiting for him in the tree.

Scottie opening his present from his sister Jenny. Jenny scrapbooked Scottie's entire mission and gave it to him for a gift this year! I was beyond impressed and started crying when Scottie opened the present. I know how much time it takes to scrapbook and I really appreciated this true gift of love from Jenny. Thanks so much Jenny, we will treasure this gift forever!

Kels and I opening our Christmas stockings...we got some good stuff!!!

One of our cute nephews!!! Corbin totally rocks!!!

Scottie, Corbin, and Parker! How he loves them.

Lunch with My Veva!!! This is my good friend I taught with at AF High School. Since then she was become a wonderful mother to this cute girl Millie...who I got to meet for the first time! Veva's husband Craig, served his mission with Scottie so we all got to have a little reunion together at Cafe Rio....of course!

It was so much fun...I was so sad to say goodbye! Can't wait til next time.

The Utah JAZZ!!! Thanks to Scottie's awesome Dad, we all got to go to a Jazz game together!!!


Scottie with Grandpa Joe...Scottie has such good memories of going to the Jazz games with you!!!

Happy "sports fans" as Rich would call us! LOL


Here are the Dudes taking a break from working on the "Man Cave"

Fun Story!!! Corbin got to color on his tummy before bath time. I got to do the star around his belly button....TOO FUN!
\
Girls Night OUT!!!! Oh how I love you girls!!! I seriously should do a separate post just for this event!!! Getting together with you all was definitely a highlight of my whole trip!!! These are my old roomies from my BYU days. These girls are like family to me, and I love the special bond we all share. When we get together it's like we never were apart and I love that about us!!! This was a special reunion for us for several reasons: 1- Liz got home from her mission!!! She got home from France just a couple weeks ago and surprised me by being at our get together!!! I was so happy she was there!!! 2- I haven't seen some of you for years....and I am not kidding about that. Meg has had baby #2 since the last time I saw her and Jenny is expecting baby #2!!! 3- I met some of your adorable children for a first time!!!

Meg and Tucker...my first time meeting him!

How I love you Anne!!!

Here's the crew....we missed those of you who couldn't make it!

US being funny....we can't help it!

Girls: I loved every minute I got to spend reminiscing with you all. Oh how I loved the dorm days at BYU, our Smallville nights, and many other experiences we shared together! I thank my Heavenly Father for friends like you.
Tennis- we got our game on!!!

We are tough guys!!! Playing tennis with Scottie's siblings

Visiting my Grandma Pat- I was so impressed with the improvements she has made since her stroke. My Grandma is such an inspiration to me. I can't even find the words to describe her faith and perservance. She truly is a remarkable person and I love her for that!

Off To Washington-
The next part of our vacation was spent with my family in Washington. We got to watch my little bro dominate in his wrestling tournament, had several family dinners, kept the Applebees tradition alive, had our second Christmas, and celebrated New Years. It was a quick trip, but was lots of fun. I feel so blessed that we had enough time off to visit both families!

Our beautiful Christmas tree...with all our presents....just waiting for us!

Scottie's Surprise!!! An OSU tie!!!

We got Mario Vs. Sonic Olympic Games...for our Wii!!! So fun.

We got a tissue box full of money!!! Wish all tissue boxes came like that!!!

Mom getting her annual calendar I made!

Me and my little bro...I can't believe he is graduating this year!!! So sad....he is all grown up...almost!

Dad getting his Ohioan gifts!!!
Well it was a really long post and that was even the Rider's Digest version!!! You get major kudos if you made it to the end! Now leave a comment to prove you were here LOL.
The End

19 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I was here and there. Loved seeing you too!

Natalie Bergin said...

What an epic trip! I am totally jealous I wasn't able to be there for girl's night!

Joni said...

I was here...I've been waiting and waiting for a holiday update. Looks like fun.

taryn said...

Like Nat, I am way jealous that I didn't get to be there for girls night. Looks like you guys had a fabulous holiday!

Jamie Lynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday. I forgot to tell you at church yesterday that I think its January plan a dance party time.. What do you think??

heather said...

Megan was in my major at BYU and we worked on a few projects here and there over the years in classes! How fun that you guys were roomies!! I'm glad you had such a great time!!

HDVB said...

Love the updates! LOVE YOU! :)

linzi said...

angie, you are seriously beautiful!!!

linzi said...

inside and out!

Jenny said...

Oh Ang!!! It was so good to see you and all the girls. I agree, we are so blessed to have one another. Thanks for getting the ball rolling and planning a girls night!

Taunya and Ian said...

I saw the picture of you and your friend & I was like "I know Angie's friend from somewhere.." And then it dawned on me that she was on America's Got Talent!! How cool! What a fun trip! I bet we were at the same Jazz game-small world!

Veronica said...

Yep, I as here too. Love to see the updates.

Tracy said...

Hey! I was here too! This was an awesome Christmas, thanks for being here:)

Javidite said...

May I just say that I am way jealous that you are in a married student ward. It must be fun.

Veronica said...

Yes, I am having tons of fun teaching. It is very busy. I have 6 weeks left in this classroom. There is talk about another long term sub job after this. But it is not set in stone yet.
Yes, I was joking about the affair. LOL But he did hug her and she is single. And they are not related.

Whitney said...

angie you are adorable! i love reading your blog because you are so upbeat and sweet. looks like you guys had an outstanding Christmas and new years! yay for getting to travel back west!

The Dimond's You Love said...

I love that you do big long posts in great detail! It feels like you are here more than you are really there.... =) We miss you guys and wish you a happy new year in 2010!

M and M said...

I'm glad you guys had a great holiday, and Angie your hair is getting so long!

Steph said...

hey jon and i went private on our blog but we wanted to invite you to read it! would you email your email address so i can add you to our blog list? thanks!-steph

steph.javid@gmail.com