Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Rest of Spring Break


So now that Spring Break has come and gone I guess that it means it's time to blog about it! Scottie and I took a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise to Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman Islands. The whole trip was dreamy and perfect in every possible way. We took over 300 pictures so it's hard to only post a few....the slide show above helps. Also we had several little adventures at each stop so I hope my blog post can do our trip justice.
My First Taxi Ride...or at least I think so

Scottie laughed at me for taking a picture inside of the Taxi, but I persisted and said we had to document my first ride. I even took a picture of our driver's license LOL.

Us on the Cruise Ship at the Port of Miami. It was a beautiful day and we were so excited to be going on cruise #2.

Our huge stateroom...well compared to our last one. Scottie was so excited about the windows that we had. He would sit up in the window seat everyday and read his scriptures, it was so cute.

This is one of my favorite pictures. The sun setting with Miami in the background! Man alive....just so beautiful!

Formal night #1. We got all dressed up for dinner. We saved money by packing light and not checking in bags, so Scottie didn't have a suit this time. He still looks dashing so I am ok that he didn't have it! Yes I just used the word dashing LOL.

I also got laughed at for taking pictures of our food. It was just so pretty and yummy, I couldn't resist!


This was our dinner group for two nights and then Scottie and I switched dinner times. We loved the people we sat with, but we wanted the earlier time. Switching times payed off because we were able to get a private table. After having our own I don't think we will ever go back...unless we are with family of course.

Our first port of call: Costa Maya. This place was probably one of my favorite stops. It is hard to just pick one favorite spot, but if I had too this may have been it!
We went on an excursion to the Mayan Ruins AKA Lamanite Ruins and we loved every second of our time there. After that we lounged around at the prettiest beach I have ever seen in my LIFE!!!

Chacchoben- the site of the Mayan Ruins


I look so small next to these things!!! Us in front of temple # 3.

I meant to crop that random guy out of the pic...oh well! Still a good pic right???

We both had fun imagining what it would have looked like to be here when this village was a thriving civilization.


Costa Maya's Beautiful Beach. This was our first beach experience on our trip and I think I feel in love with this place because the water really was as beautiful as the pictures online. I was so skeptical before we got to the Caribbean...thinking the water wouldn't be as clear and blue as the pictures made it seem, but I cannot have been more wrong.

In Paradise...we considered moving here....maybe one day? Scottie could still practice medicine down here and I could teach English....probably only in our dreams!

This beach had grass huts all over the place, just like what you would see in the movies

Us in front of our Cruise Ship

Border control... yes again I got laughed at for taking a picture with the guard. He liked it...Look at that smile on his face!

Our Second Stop was Belize!

In Belize we snorkeled at the Great Barrier Reef. Which is the second largest in the whole world. It was completely amazing, considering the fact that we both love to snorkel and dive. We also swam with stringrays here at a place called Stingray Alley. It is one of the only 4 places in the world were you can swim with stingrays in the wild.

Us having some fun in Belize before we left.

The private island we chilled at called Caye Caulker. The barrier reef was about a mile away from the shore.

Me playing with a conch we found. They were all over the place. I even found one while we were snorkeling that had a crab living in it.

Cozumel Stop # 3

We went to two different beaches, played ping pong, and snorkeled at Cozumel.


Once again another breath taking beach

The lady we asked to take the picture didn't quite understand how we wanted the picture to turn out so she zoomed it in. Oh well it still turned out cute.

This picture of Scottie just makes me laugh because there is a funny story behind it. Long story short, he had too much sun for the day and didn't want to get burned, but wanted to watch us leave Cozumel. The solution was wear his robe!


Formal night #2

Another food pic

Us at our Private Table!

Another picture with a funny story behind it. I wanted to see how they made the turtle so I was looking under to see how it was done and Scottie snapped a pic, just at the right time. That poor turtle looks like it is being so violated!!!

Stop #4 US getting ready for Grand Cayman Islands.

Our ship's captain was steering the boat with his feet! It was too funny.

We enjoyed swimming with the stingrays in Belize so much that we decided to hit up Stingray City and swim with them again.

Checking at the stingrays before we got in.

We were surprised with how friendly they were.


Us giving it a kiss for 7 years good luck...well that is what they told us anyways...we will see about that.


See here is Scottie in his reading spot.

Me monkeying around with the monkey towel.

Our last day at sea. We decided to play some mini golf.



The hairy man contest and ice sculpting show...very cool...the ice sculpting part

The Chocolate Buffet...so good


This was our Rosie spot where we liked to eat at. This pic of me next to Rosie is for all my history students...They all know how much Mrs. Parker loved this WWII icon.

Our last night on our dream trip. This was a special time for Scottie and I. One of those precious moments full of peace and love.



Spring Break 2010 was a dream come true. Thanks for the fun my Scottie Jay.

One last towel creature!!! Well that's all folks. It was a great trip. Thanks for reading.

18 comments:

Steph said...

How fun!!! It looks like you had a blast!! That's awesome you got to swim with the sting rays! I love all the towel creations. I want to learn howto make them. Your cruise look so fun. All your fancy meals and everything. And I love scottie's robe. It is very stylish. I am glad you had a good spring break and sorry that it had to end, but I am glad you are back so we can hang out! Thanks for posting all your fabulous pictures! I love it!

Tracy said...

Wow...that is all.

Veronica said...

I love the pic of Scottie in the robe outside. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I am glad.
I am taking a history class. It would be interesting to you I am sure, but It isn't so for me. It is for my Alaska teaching certificate.

taryn said...

We are so the same person when it comes to taking pics, haha! I get made fun of all the time too, but don't listen because now you have all these great pics to look back on :)

That looks like soooo much fun! I'm glad you and Scottie got to have a fun vacay together. We swam with sting rays in that very same sting ray city in Caman!!! I wonder if we kissed the same sting ray ;)

Anonymous said...

Angela,

Thanks for sharing. I am ready to go and experiecne this for myself. It looks like it was a perfect vaction. Loved looking at all the things that you both did. I love the two of you and think that you are the perfect children and perfect couple. Love Dad

Amanda said...

FUN

We Rock Well said...

Looks like you had soooo much fun!! You have most excellent pictures - you're a brave woman to hand your camera to so many people! :) I'm uber jealous! Hope to see you soon!

heather said...

LOVED reading more about your trip! That is so fun, and you guys look so happy and wonderful together. Yay for trips together when you get to spend every single minute together without any interruptions!

Megan said...

That looks so fun!! I'm so glad you guys do fun stuff like this! (Take advantage of the time before the kiddos! haha) Miss you.

p.s. You are a hottie (I'm talking to you Ang) (And its Meg, not Ben, don't worry Scottie)

Bean and Boog said...

Aren't cruises the best vaction you could possibly take? THey are so fun. I love the pictures and the water is so beautiful.

Scott Parker said...

I had a great time on the Cruise as well. It was a perfect vacation. Angie did a great job blogging it as well. I have a great wife and I'm glad we can have so much fun together. Now we just need to go on another one...

The Dimond's You Love said...

I was thinking like Candace-so many nice people to not have taken off with your camera. I hope your students don't see your blog-they would print these pictures of this hot teacher we all know and kiss them at night-hahaha! You are so gorgeous, can I have your great body too? and I want some sun on my skin too!!! Love you girl-glad you got to have so much fun.

Amber Smith said...

Your trip sounds like it was an absolute blast!! Welcome home!

The Snavelys said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! You are so adorable, I miss you and Bonnie being my visiting teachers. :)

WeFlipSticks said...

Those are some amazing pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us!! That water is the most beautiful blue...I'll bet it was even better in person. I'll have to admit I'm a little jealous, I fear I will never go on a cruise. First there is nothing to hunt on a cruise ship and second I don't think my motion sickness could handle it. It looks amazing though. Miss you guys!!

Steph said...

So I love that you took a picture of the food because I did the same thing! Jon and I went on the same cruise ship as you guys a couple years ago (we recognized Rosie). Cruising is the way to go, but definitely get your own table unless you are dining with family because while you meet some nice (and random) people...it's so much nicer to just sit and relax. :)

Tierra said...

2 things: 1, Angie, your swimsuits are SO SO cute. 2, were you on the Valor? That's the ship I went on last summer...this weather would be much better though. I 'm super jealous. :)

Stizz said...

That's it...you talked me into it. My next vacation MUST be a cruise! :) Looks like you had an awesome time.