Sunday, April 4, 2010

Update From Columbus

Update from Columbus- I was looking at some old pictures and realized I needed to update my blog, plus I want to read some more comments on my blog. Sad but true...At least I am honest right???
Scottie and I are doing great. He just finished his second year of Medical School and is now studying for his National Board Exam. Wish him luck!!!
I am still working in the Academic Department for the College of Dentistry here at OSU and I am still loving it! My favorite parts are getting ready in the morning with Scottie, carpooling with Scottie, eating lunch with Scottie, and getting to go home with Scottie! As you can tell I get to spend lots of time with my Scottie and that makes me happy.
My favorite time of the year here in Columbus is Spring and it's here! My tulips are beautiful again this year and that makes me happy! I also get to start running outside again, which makes me happy. We have been busy with lots of fun things like concerts, eating at yummy restaurants and trying new recipes of our own, and hanging out with friends and each other of course.
The Newport Concert Hall

Music Madness Crew...We had so much fun rockin out together

Ingred Michaelson's Band- She was such a fun performer and got the crowd so involved

Mat Kearney- "You're All I Need"... what a great song

Miles for Smiles- A race I did for the Dental School! It was lots of fun even though it poured down rain the whole time!

Making New Things- Two favorites 1-Molten Lava Chocolate Cake and 2- Stuff Tomato Basil Chicken....sooooooooooo good.
Cute apron courtesy of my sweet Mother in Law! Thanks Tracy I love it!
Ophthalmology Night Out
I got together with some of my old co-workers and we decided to catch up and have a girl's night out. We had a blast at Champs and enjoyed the half off appetizers.

Sue, ME, ,Deanna, and Sarah
Cara, Brianna, Taunya, and Cindy
My Super Duper Yummy Nachos!!!
Me making everyone laugh! As I tried to scarff them all down!
Random Thought-
So today I started reminiscing about teaching and I decided to look my self up on rate my teacher and I am proud to report I made it on there! I also have a 5 point rating which is the best!!! Plus for your enjoyment I included the comment that was on the site...I thought it might give you all a good laugh today. Maybe that is why attendance was always so high in my classes LOL!
*student comment

"She is the greatest teacher ever. She actually made me like history and going to her class was great. Also, she is incredibly good looking, WOW."

Yes I am including this comment to brag, plus I am a little nostalgic right now and miss my students! It's nice to know they miss me too.
Things I am still looking forward to-
Our 4 year anniversary next month, GOLF, more tennis, and getting my sun kissed tan back!

Well that's it from Columbus, Ohio for now. I think about you all often and hope you are doing well. Loves-Angie

12 comments:

Tracy said...

So, I'd like the soup and nachos and for dessert, I'll take the molten lava cake. Please. Oh, and if it's not to big of a hassle, I'd like that order to go. ASAP cuz I'm starving after looking at these pictures!
Love you Angie and Scottie:)

taryn said...

Thank you for this update! You know I think about you all the time and love any excuse to blogs stalk you. I went running this morning with Olivia and I thought about how we used to go running at night no matter how late it was, lol. Good times.

Also I really liked how all your favorite parts of work were getting to be with Scottie all the time! Enjoy the alone time that you get with eachother, which it sounds like you are :) Love ya!

Tricia Jeanne said...

Wow, good luck to Scottie on his boards! He told Jon to buy 'First Aid' books last month and we are eternally grateful! Jon said they are amazing books and I have no doubt that they will be a great help to him next year!
I didn't know you were a teacher, I've always kind of wanted to teach. I'm not at all surprised that you got 5 stars!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Mom!!! Nice pics--you lead a busy and fun life! Where are your tulips planted? Send pics. Looking forward to seeing you both soon!! love, Mom

Scott Parker said...

The best part of my day is eating lunch with Angie and carpooling with Angie and having dinner together and getting ready with Angie too. (Because other than that all I do is study) We are having a great time in Columbus and we really enjoy all our friends. Great post Ang.

The Dimond's You Love said...

All that time together reminds me of my time with Nate!!! So many people are so surprised when I would tell them we got up together, ate lunch together and drove to and from work together every day. We love spending lots and lots of time together and when we spend a few hours or most a day apart it feels like 2 days have passed without him! haha. We are just enjoying couples life together until children come along...ahhaha. Thanks for your blog I always love reading them. I am also excited for warm weather and running outside with my doggies! It's the best.

Anonymous said...

This is a way cute blog. I really like the cute colors on the side and the fun design. You do an amazing job of blogging. Are you a professional? I'm looking for someone to help me with mine.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like you are having a lot of fun in Columbus. I'm glad that you have such good friends to hang out with. I like your posts about cooking as well, you make such yummy things.

Anonymous said...

Way to go running in another race!!! This must be like your 4th or 5th race. You are a great runner I wish I could keep up with you. We'll have to go running again sometime soon girl. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

You are right, those Nachos were super duper yummy! Thanks for organizing that outing for us again. I'm glad we have someone so awesome like you to help us keep in touch.

M and M said...

After reading this I thought to look myself up too, and I had a really sweet comment on rate your teacher, you just made my day/whoever wrote the comment :)

Jamie Lynn said...

Cute post! You guys are so much fun! I love how there is a hot or not - teacher edition, lol.