This past week and weekend Scottie and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary!!! We both seriously can't believe how quickly the time has passed, and when I mentioned that to one of my co-workers he said, "That is good because you know they are good ones when they have passed quickly." I couldn't agree more with him and feel so blessed that Heavenly Father gave Scottie to me, he truly is the love of my life and I am so thankful for him each day.
It was my turn to plan this years anniversary events and here is the Rider's Digest version (or as small as I am going to be able to get it).
On Monday May 10th we celebrated all day long by giving each other little gifts throughout the day, eating a special lunch together, going on a run, eating a yummy dinner I made, and then opening presents we got for each other!!!
Our yummy dinner. On the menu marinated stake wrapped in bacon, red potatoes (cooked Scottie's favorite way), articokes, strawberry bannana jello, cantelope, and dessert.
On Saturday we continued to celebrate: We had my Dad's traditional Saturday morning breakfast with waffles topped with ice cream and strawberries. Sad to admit to was my first time making homemade waffles and had to open our waffle marker from our wedding. No joke who would have thought I would be opening wedding gifts 4 years after our wedding LOL.
The breakfast feast
Me stopping to smell the roses ( Yes Scottie did laugh at me for making him take the picture. Do I regret it now? NO!)
Then we went to my first ever Ringing Brothers Circus. The Barnum and Bailey Brothers were here in Columbus so we went. This event was definitely the highlight of the anniversary. Such an amazing performance!!! Even though Scottie and I don't have kids yet we loved that they said it was for kids of all ages because that for sure included US!!! Plus I think I loved it more than the cute 3 year old I was sitting next to.
Sensory overload the whole time!!! So many cool things to watch!!!
One guy in a cage with 12 TIGERS!!! Do I want a turn...NO!!!
After the circus we were off to dinner. Scottie and I love buffets so much we decided to hit one up for our anniversary, so romantic right? the pic below is the only one we got at dinner :(
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and have had so much fun laughing together these past 4 years!!!





15 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Can you help us plan ours?
Angie, I sure wish you would cook for me, you are so good!!!
We went to the circus a few times when the kids were little, it's crazy amazing! While we were in CA last month, we saw a "fire eater" do a show at Seaport Village. He was such a weird dude...he claimed to be one of 8 left in the world; last of the breed left over from the days of the traveling circus. He also swallowed swords...Anywho, congrats again on the great four years!
Happy Anniversary!! 4 years huh?! That's wonderful. Your meals look SOOO yummy!! And I am really jealous that you got to go to the circus! I tries to convince Brandon to take me, but no luck. Oh well... Maybe one day. It looks like you had a wonderful anniversary.
Congratulations!! The waffles with ice cream and strawberries sound divine right now! Course I am pregnant and I have been craving ice cream for awhile without being able to feed the craving :D You two are so perfect for each other. Love you guys!
Happy Anniversary!!! Holy cow 4 years! You guys are so great together. I miss you so much Ang (and even Scottie too)! Wouldn't it be great if we got to go to med school in Ohio and I could be your neighbor for a year :)
Oh yeah, and I'm way jealous you got to go to the circus. I've been wanting to go forever- literally.
Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 4 years since that beautiful Salt Lake Wedding where you guys got "lost" in the conference center! hehe... Miss you tons and wish Scottie luck on the boards!
Yep, It goes by fast. It's good that you have had fun.
happy anniversary! and I'm so excited that you big kids went to the circus!
This was a great anniversary. I actually liked watching Angie at the Circus as much as I liked the circus. Great dinner too. Thanks Angie I had a wonderful time.
Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are almost marriage veterans now! You're beautiful, Angie, and I'm glad you took the picture by the roses, too. It's beautiful!
Happy Anniversary! I haven't been to the circus in forever, it looks awesome!
hooray for 4yr anniversaries (since we just had ours too!) looks like you guys had lots of fun! i love events!!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Wahoo 4 years!! Woop, woop!! Craig and I are right behind you too! Crazy how 4 years flies when you are having fun huh! :) What a great anniversary, I couldn't believe the circus....seriously amazing and crazy all at the same time! Miss you girl, and you look sooooo good! I love the blue shirt on you, you go girl you are rocking it! :)
Happy Anniversary!! You guys are such a cute couple!
Just thinking of you... It was so great to see Scottie when he was out here- we miss you Angie and wish you could have been there too. I keep popping in to see if there's anything new here, but I know you're busy right now- just know that we love you guys!
Emily
Post a Comment