Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break 2011

HOLLYWOOD, Florida!!!
For Spring Break Scottie and I scored really big and got to stay at my co-worker's condo right on Hollywood Beach for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally right on the beach...like walk out the door and you are on the beach!!! It was so amazing, and we had a fun vacation together enjoying the break from winter.
Monday- we went golfing, and we couldn't get over the fact that we were golfing in February!!!

I was super proud of my hit above. I got stuck in the sand trap and was able to successfully get out of it:)

Scottie Teeing Off!

We splurged and got a golf cart instead of walking. Hoot Hooot!
After golf we went to the beach and then out to eat at a highly recommended place, called Le Tub. It is the #1 place to eat a burger before you die (I think Opera gave it that ranking)

Here we are! I seriously loved this place. I felt like I was at Disneyland with how it was decorated. The best part was that it was right on the pier and you could feed angel fish while you ate. I think they claimed most of my dinner LOL.

Me with the menu. We got the famous burgers of course.

Yes those are toilets...they decorated with Tubs and toilets...hence the name Le Tub.

I woke up to watch the sunrise and this is how I saw my sweetie sleeping. It was too cute not to take a picture of. I think he may kill me though for posting it J/K.
Tuesday- We decided to head south for the day and went to Key West. Key West was our
favorite part of vacation. We beach bummed, snorkeled, watched the sun set celebration, and ate at a sea food buffet.

We had an amazing experience snorkeling and had over 100 fish eating out of our hands. *Tip use apples and bananas...the fish can't resist them! After we were beached out we rushed off to the...Sunset Celebration.

The sunset celebration was so fun! Every night people (thousands) gather together to watch the sun go down. There were street vendors and performers and we just loved the fact that after the sunset everyone clapped!
Notice the sailboat in the distance between us.
We had dinner at the locals favorite place called Captain Mario's Seafood Feast

An older couple we sat by did the nicest thing for us and secretly picked up our tab. When we asked for our check our waiter said "sorry you can't do that because the couple sitting next to you already paid for you when they left." Scottie and I were so touched and decided we are going to pay it forward one day...for some young couple so in love!

Samples of our seafood feast!

Wednesday- We had a beach day flying kites and bogey boarding.

Thursday- We got up and went to Gator Park at the Everglades!!! It was so cool because we saw real live alligators in the wild.
Here is our airboat guide. Believe me she was hard core!

Here is the first alligator that we saw...She had babies too. Did you know alligators have 30-50 babies at a time (only 3-5 live to adulthood though)! We saw over 20 babies.

Here are 2 of the babies

Here was the second alligator that we saw. Cool pic huh?

You got to love that Scottie wore his Gator shirt!

After the airboat tour we got to watch alligator wrestling. The guide was putting his hand in the gators mouth (they are blind in the front)!!!!!!!!!!!!

We decided to fork over the $$$doe $$$and paid to hold the alligator.
Friday- We chilled on the beach, went to the conservatory, and ate on the boardwalk.

I loved this picture of us!
Fun beach pictures. I love Scottie for being so willing to take them all with me!!!


Scottie said this one by the palm trees would be our album cover if we had a band. LOL that made me laugh so I had to include it!
Well there you have it. That was our Spring Break 2011 in a nut shell. We are well rested and ready for what ever life is going to throw at us next!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahgela and Scottie,

I always love looking at your blog. You both really know how to take a vacation. If you get to do this again, let your mother and I know, so we can crowd in. I think you two would be a lot of fun to vacation with. I love the pictures with the gators and thought the story of the couple paying for your meal sure was sweet. You sure wish that you know who they were so that you could at least send them a thank you. We do live in a great country and are surrounded by kind people wherever you go. Keep up the positive attitudes and looking forward to seeing your blog in June of your latest cruise. Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

Should have reviewed my comments before I posted them. You would like your dad would know how to spell his favortite red headed daughters name. Let try again. I think it is Angela and not Ahgela. Just to let you know that I can spell. The H key is just above the N key and I was trying to type at a recorder speed. Love Dad

Tracy said...

Okay weird, I just typed a whole bunch and when I went to publish it, it vanished! I will try to repeat myself-
I absolutely love that you shared these pictures and comments, I almost feel like I was there...almost...okay, not at all, but I sure wish I had been! They are awesome and I am thrilled at the idea of a sunset celebration, way better than clapping at the close of the stock market...why do they do that, even on a down day??? Bless that older couple, how sweet. You guys are the best!
Love4ever,
M

Amber Smith said...

Wow! Sounds like a blast! I agree with your dad, you guys would be super fun to vacation with :)

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics! and, I gotta say, Angie, you've got some of the cutest lil sun dresses I've ever seen! I ADORE the white one from the last day! So fresh and lovely... makes you look even more like a model than you usually do! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great pics!! Your band could be called "Caribean Breeze" or " The Big White Pot Behind U"! lol. Love Angie's white sundress and that is soo nice that that couple paid for your dinner! They were probably impressed with you. That is awesome people clap when the sun goes down--appreciation for God's handiwork!! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW, WHAT A GREAT TRIP DOWN SOUTH....U GUYS SURE HAD A FUN TRIP...GLAD FOR U BOTH....
I'M SO PROUD OF UR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!! G'PA JACK

Emily said...

What a great post, and what an incredible vacation! I call we get to go on a trip someday with you too :) You should have heard Alex when he saw the picture of the baby alligator, "Whoa!" then a squeal and a louder "Holy Cow!" when he saw the picture of you holding an alligator!
You guys are so cute, thanks for blogging!

HDVB said...

What an incredible vacay!!!!! I'm so glad that you guys were able to get that needed R&R! :) It sounded amazing when you told me what you did, but with pics included it is just THAT much better! :)

The Dimond's You Love said...

I love the happy post of sunshine and palm trees! Lucky!

Veronica said...

You two always have so much fun. You are an inspiration for me to be more creative and have more vacations.

Scott Parker said...

Wow ang, we did have tons of fun, I want to take another vacation with us too. You are super good looking!

Holly said...

Hey Angie, do you remember the Rudds? We were in the University ward with you? Well I just stumbled upon your blog today and saw that you were on vaca in our new stomping ground. Hollywood beach is our Saturday night beach and Dan's parents were in town and we took them to Gator park ON Thursday, we must have just missed you! I know you had a blast here, and you R a beautiful beach bum!

Scottie and Angie said...

Of Course I remember you:) That is so great you are there in FL. I totally didn't remember that, but it looks like you are living it up in Florida and taking in lots of sunshine!
That is too funny that we were at Gator Park on the same day...we even held the same alligator:) Happy to see all is well with you.

Rebecca Olson Bradshaw said...

You guys inspire me to do fun stuff with my hubby!!!! Holy cow this looks like such grand fun. If we venture out to Florida while we are here, we will definitely be calling you for these fun ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Megan said...

NICE. My parents are living in Florida for most of the year now. So I'm hearing about the beautiful weather everywhere now! It was 45 today! Exciting right? Lol. Anyway, looks like you guys had a blast and you are hot like always. Miss you!

WeFlipSticks said...

You guys take the funnest trips and the best pics! Seriously....I love the photo's. You two are too cute!! Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Brian and Emily said...

I love that you are holding an alligator. What!? That is awesome.

Anne said...

Looks like an amazing trip!
I love love your cute dresses!!! I want all of them :)
SO fun to see what's going on.