Sunday, May 8, 2011

Marathon Runner Extraordinaire Reports IN!!!


Well it's time for ME the Marathon Runner Extraordinaire to report in!!! My report comes to you again from Columbus Ohio, where I ran the Capital City Marathon for the second time. This time was made possible by my great friend Sabrina, who let me run under her hubby's name (Skyler) because he couldn't make it to the race. FYI-That is why my number has Skyler on it instead of Angie....I didn't change my name for all of you who may have been confused by the pictures LOL. The race was on Saturday, and it ended up being a beautiful day for us with no rain, while we ran! The race was amazing in and of itself. Seriously, we ran with over 15,000 other runners and finished 20 minutes faster than I thought we would!



At mile 4.5 Scottie (my biggest fan) showed up to cheer us on. I am waving good bye and thinking bring on the next 8.5 miles C-bus!


Sabrina told me to plant a big fat sweaty kiss on Scottie and that is exactly what I did when I saw him. He just happened to capture the moment right before with this picture LOL. I just love Sabrina's smiling face in the background. We had so much fun running together!!!


Me finishing strong and sprinting to the finish line (When I crossed I said bring on another 13.1 miles!!!) Once again Scottie was there cheering me on. He has a cool video of this moment, I will see if I can upload that later:)


Sabrina and I with our metals. We were two happy girls:) Finished in 2:12!!!!




US- It was Sabrina's first 1/2 marathon and she totally rocked it up!


Scottie is seriously my number one!!! He has been at every race I have ever done, and is always there cheering me one. He sent me a text every mile we completed with messages like"Keep pumping it out babe. You are a machine!" I appreciate him so much and love that he supports/encourages my running efforts!





After the race, Scottie farther proved his love for me by appeasing my desire to have a personal photo shoot of myself after the race. Luckily for you I was able to contain myself and only post 2 of the pictures!!! LOL


Well that's the report I hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned until next time. My Dear Papa said he is doing the next one with me...so now that I have that in writing it will hopefully really happen!

PEACE!

7 comments:

Megan said...

GO ANGIE! You are one hot MAMA! Way to go, I'm looking forward to a summer of racing too. I just hope I'll look as hot as you do by the end! Love you!

taryn said...

Girl, you are toned!!! Look at those arms! Congrats on your race, and finishing faster than expected :) You are awesome!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, you never cease to amaze me. I'm so glad the weather cooperated with you too! Your freckles are cuter than ever:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, sooo impressed you are a running machine, just like Scott says! Looks like you’ve been pumping some iron too!, you are a beauty! Aunt Susan

HDVB said...

heeeeelllloooo miss AmAzInG! You look FABulous! Congrats on completing yet ANOTHER race marathon runner extraordinaire! You are TONED lady! Lookin' hot! :)

Scott Parker said...

Angie Rocks! Thanks for being so fun to watch run. You did a great job and I'm proud of you. It even made me want to do another one...

Taunya and Ian said...

COngrats on completing this event again! You are a trooper and amazing!