Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Merry Christmas and Baby Showers!!!

Ok it's about time for the Christmas break update. Scottie and I were very blessed this year and were able to have about 2 weeks off to spend with each other and family. We started our Christmas celebrations off here in Columbus with gift exchanges to each other and to Madison. Then we were off to spend a week with Scottie's family in Utah, and ended our travels in Washington with my family to celebrate the New Year. Be warned there are lots of pictures!!!



In Columbus having our own Christmas before Christmas. Scottie melted my heart by getting a special gift just for Madison. She has her Daddy wrapped around her finger already.







My big baby gift was my BOB ironman stroller!!! I was so excited to get it, as you can hopefully tell by the way I am fiercely hugging the box LOL.

We assembled it that night and even took it out on a inaugural run/walk. Scottie insisted that we properly try it out with a stuffed animal all strapped in. I think people thought we were bad parents when we were out after dark, launching the stroller to each other to see how far it would glide with out needing to be touched. We got 30+ feet, I was impressed! Don't worry though once Maddy is in it, I won't be launching it anymore!

The Annual Door decorating contest at Westborough. Scottie and I love this tradition and had fun creating a masterpiece out of our door!

This year Scottie gets all the props for the door, he came up with the Santa going down the chimney idea all by himself!

The proud inventor with his door!

Next we were off to Utah to spend Christmas with Scottie's family. We actually spent Christmas Eve at Scottie's sisters house and watched her kids have Christmas the next morning. Scottie and the other boys helped assemble bunkbeds after the kids went to sleep, so Corbin and Parker had no clue they were getting bunkbeds. It was so fun to watch their reactions the next morning. Little kids just make everything so much more magical! We had a Parker family dinner and Christmas gift exchange that night too. I will admit I didn't do the best job at taking pictures this year, so there is no documentation of our fun times.




We did great a whole Parker Family group photo though!!! It turned out great:)


While we were in town these lovely Parker Ladies threw me my first BABY SHOWER EVER!!! It was so sweet of them, and I had a great time.




Me with some of my old BYU roomies (Anne, Meg, Me, Manda, and Liz)!!! Girls I love you all so much and appreciated that you took time out of your holidays and came and celebrate with me. Cafe Rio was fun too!!!



Got some fun belly shots at the shower!

Proud parents to be!

Me and Veva (above)! Veva is my teaching buddy, fellow Y-mount runner, and long time friend. It just is an added bonus that our little ones will only be 4 weeks apart!!!



Me and twinner Meg. AT BYU we were twins because we were roomies and both had red hair (according to my family). Meg is having boy #3 and I think Maddy might be able to snag one of their hearts one day!

The shower was perfect with mingling, games, amazing food, and precious gifts!

Me and cousin Kacie


Manda, Me, Liz







Me and cousin Amy

Yummy Treats!!!

Games



and FUN!!!


Me with my Aunt Julie and Cousin Becca. Gals it really meant so much to me that you came all the way down from the cabin to celebrate with me. Love you.

Me with my Belliston cousins. I appreciated that you all came and love you all so much. I couldn't have married into a better family!

My Big Time Baby Shower Group in Utah.
Next-Fun in Washington

Scottie and I were able to head off to Washington and spend the rest of our holiday break there with my family. It was so nice to spend time to everyone. While I was there I got to have a Washington Baby Shower too. I so appreciated every one's help and for coming!

We had fun decorating with lots of pink....princesses too!

The group playing Baby BINGO. Too fun!

Me and Mom with the lovely quilt she is having made for Madison. My favorite thing was my blanket when I was child, so I am sure this gift will my Madison's favorite too!

Me with some of my old baby dresses! I love that my Mom has kept them through all of these years and that I get to put Maddy in them soon!

Me and Whitney

The Washington Baby Shower Group!!!










Scottie called my showers "Big Time Baby Showers" I would agree with him and feel very grateful for all the nice things I got in Utah and Washington.

Saying goodbye to an old friend and family member-DUKE. Dogs really are man's best friend and I was so sad to see my good old Duke go while I was home. He recently got cancer and developed a large tumor so my family decided it was time to put him to rest. I was grateful I was able to be in town to say goodbye to him. We had a nice memorial service for him and reminisced over our good memories of him for the past 12 years.
I don't want to end on a sad note, but I sure loved this dog and had to document this event too!

The Holidays really were great to Scottie and I this year and we are so grateful for all the time we got to spend with family and friends. We love you all and hope you have a blessed and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hard to believe it's already under way and that our Maddy will be here in 7 weeks!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're due in 7 weeks?!?! That is crazy! Have you had a shower here yet? Did I just miss it? But it sounds like you got quite the loot from your Utah showers... is there anything you still need?

btw, you are beautiful pregnant!

Amy said...

I am so glad we got to see you while you were here. I just love you and Scottie so much, you are such awesome cousins! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that your upcoming move is closer west. And 7 weeks, that time will fly by!

Our Fun Times said...

Such a fun time, so glad I could be part of it all! By the way, picturing you guys with a stuffed animal runnin around with that stroller :) classic!!! Love ya girl

Wendy said...

Hey Angie! I've been stalking your blog, so I figured I should announce my presence. :) Congratulations! You guys look so cute and happy. Hope these last weeks fly by for ya! Take care.
-Wendy (Walker) Holbrook

dwholbrook.blogspot.com

Tierra said...

You look so great and I'm SO excited for you guys!! What a fun and exciting thing.
And as for your dear sweet Duke, we just had to put ours down as well and it truly is such a loss--I'm so sorry! So glad you got to say your goodbyes and be there with your family.

TD Quong said...

Saw your good news! congrats! Hope all goes well.