Thursday, October 17, 2013

Elder Austin Hansen Returns!!!

My little bro returned home from his 2 year LDS mission on September 18th. It was a special day for my family, as we were all (all the siblings) there to greet him as he walked through the airport terminal!!! What a special feeling to see someone you love and respect so much after not seeing him for two whole years! I was especially excited for Austin to meet my little Miss Madison. We had a great time visiting the family in Washington and getting to spend sometime with Austin.
 The night before Austin got home I made him some welcome home signs!!! It was a fun way to get ready for his return.
 I also made this shirt for Madison to wear. The front said, "Nice to meet you Uncle Austin" and the back said, "I love you" and had pictures from his mission all over the back. I was really excited with how it turned out!
The Big Day!!! September 18th.
 Me with my little bro!!! My Dad always says we're the  boy/girl versions of each other, and I take that as such a huge compliment because Austin is an amazing person, who I definitely want to be more like.
 Elder Hansen with his Dad
Part of the group with Elder Hansen
 Maddie Sue with her Uncle! My little stinker was extra shy around Austin, but luckily warmed up to him before we had to leave town.
All the Hansen kids together for the first time in 2 years!!!
 Grandpa Hansen with his granddaughters
 Austin wanted Taco Bell for his first post-mission meal, so we went straight there. 
 After that Austin wanted to go to the temple together. It was a really neat request, and was nice to be able to do a session as a family.
 The cutest girls together, waiting at the church for Elder Hansen to get released.
 Then after Austin was released we kept the Wednesday night tradition alive and went to Applebees to celebrate.
 Scottie was able to get sometime off of work and flew in the next day to spend sometime with Austin. We promptly took Austin out to eat at Jack in the box! I was happy to treat him to his first greasy Jack in the Box meal!!!
 Next up was some family fun at Dad's beloved Outback Steakhouse. We all had a great time together and it was fun to listen to stories from Austins mission. Later that night Andrew, Austin, and Scottie all sat around speaking Portuguese!! I loved that part too.
 Audrey, Austin, and Me
Saturday was Elder Hansen's homecoming party! My parents threw a wonderful party for him and it was fun to see how many people came to show their love and support.
 Dad and Andrew working hard at the grills!
 Us all together with Austin!
 Austin with some friends from high school. One of his friends even came to church the next day to listen to his homecoming talk.
 Trying to get a pic of Maddie with Austin close by!
 After church....taking a smart cookie break! The boys all sang Called to Serve in Portuguese at church and it was AWESOME!!!
 We played lots of Settlers




 Scottie and I took Austin bowling. It was still fun even though I didn't even come close to breaking 100.
 Maddie warming up to Austin. By the end of the trip she was playing with him and letting him hold her. Austin just had to use his amazing charm to win her over!
 Another Applebees visit.
 Maddie was in heaven on this trip because Grandma's house has tons of animals, and every morning Maddie would go out with G-ma to gather eggs from the chickens. By the end Maddie would go stand by the front door with her basket and say "Bawk Bawk", it was super cute.
 Thanks for the fun Hansen family. 
Austin, thank you so much for being such a great example to me and for serving the Lord so faithfully these last two years. You sacrifice and service has truly blessed all of our lives. What extreme love, devotion, and dedication you have shown the Lord. I loved being there to see you for the first time, and hope you know how much I will cherish this special time. Welcome home and congrats for serving and returning with HONOR!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love this!!! What a wonderful family :)