Monday, September 12, 2016

More pics of McKenzie's arrival

Life certainly has been busy the past month, and I can't believe I'm just getting around to blogging about our Miss McKenzie! I've had it on my to do list for a month, so today it's getting done:)  
A month old 
Scottie already gave a great account of Kenzie's exciting arrival so I am going to give the readers digest version from my perspective...hahaha not, nothing is short when explaining your delivery!  At 1:30 am 8-8-16 I was awoken by hard contractions, I  fell back asleep until 2:20am and was awoken again so I started timing my contractions which were every 2-3 minutes lasting about a minute each. I did this until 3am and then woke Scottie up, who got super excited and said, "for reals?!" He then had to convince to go in because I was worried it wasn't the real thing and didn't want to get sent home. After putting on my makeup (yep did that) and waiting for Grandma Tracy to come to our place it was 3:30am and I was hurting! As we drove up to the U I threw up and Scottie was driving like a mad man:) We got checked in at 4am and monitored for about 20min, during which my contractions of course slowed down and I wasn't dilated to a 5 yet so they sent me home, which ended up being around 6am because they noticed Kenzie's heart was acting off so they monitored it a little longer. We both went back to sleep and at 7:57am my water broke, and I started laughing and said "no way my water just broke". I started to have second thoughts because nothing else came out after I went to the bathroom, so I went back to sleep. About three hours later Scottie was going into work, and I told him I thought my water broke. He then had to convince me yet again to go in and I am so glad he did because I started having contractions about every 1-2 minutes and they REALLY HURT. After the nurses confirmed my water broke they admitted us about 12pm. Then it look them until 1:45pm to get me into labor and delivery and by this point I had thrown up 3 times and wanted my epidural. Once I got into L&D I said "Does everyone in this room know I want my epidural?" and the anesthesiologist said good news I am here, and by 2pm I had my relief! The rest of the labor was kinda a blur to me because I got an infection and went septic, so I was kinda in and out of it and Kenzie's heart rate was all over the place so I was just worried about her. 
Plus they freaked me out by saying we might have to do a c-section if we didn't stabilize, so for the rest of the day I was on edge. But thankfully everything worked out and around 9pm we both stabilized enough for them to give me some pitocin to help me keep progressing. I had stopped dilating for about 5 hours:(. After that I went from a 6 to a 10 in about an hour and a half and was ready to push once Dr. Pittman made it back to the hospital. I pushed through 6 contractions and after a long day (22 1/2 hours) McKenzie Lynn came with only 2 minutes to spare on 8-8-16! 
Kenzie come out silent and non-responsive with the cord wrapped around her neck twice, so I was freaked out and she had to get rushed to the pediatricians (planned) because of the infections, vacuum, and other risk factors. 
Before she left the room one of my AWESOME labor and delivery nurses got them to let me hold her, and I am so glad because it was another hour and a half before I saw her again! 
Once she came back my arms were filled with my precious miracle McKenize Lynn, and my heart and arms have been so full ever since:) She is a dream come true to all of us and we LOVE being a family of 4.
3:30am and ready to go get checked out at the hospital. 
Last weekly picture at 39 weeks
Scottie and I in labor and delivery 
My Doctor Jessica Pittman
I had the best labor and delivery nurses, Blanca (above) and Victoria (below)
Me with my post labor FOOD!!!
Got my epidural and ready to go
Hahaha looking quite delirious...didn't know Scottie snapped this picture, but it pretty much sums up my experience! LOL
One of the nurses offered to take my phone and take pictures. I was so grateful!
First picture with Mom and Dad, we were so relieved to have her in our arms
Holding my baby girl for the first time
1st bum change by Dad
Meeting big sister, Madison. These two love each other so much already and I'm so grateful they will always have each other. 
Sisters doing a gift exchange 
First time as a family of 4! Whoooooooot whoooooooooooooo
Leave it to Scottie to bring a basketball to the hospital:) Hopefully McKenzie will love to shoot hoops with him one day.
Kenzie looking at Grandma Karen, who just happened to fly in on the exact same day my water broke! She knew something was up, when my mother in law picked her up at the airport, instead of me. 
With Grandpa Groovy and Grandma Tracy
McKenzie got her nose scrapped pretty badly from the catheter for my amniotic transfusion:(
Her peach fuzz looks RED!!! So excited for another ginger!
First bath
Getting ready to go home with our new little treasure
And we're off
Madison was so excited to welcome us all home! She has been such an amazing helper and has made this transition so easy for us all. Maddie loves her sister so much, we all do actually:)
With and my precious girlies
There you have it, well some of it! We are so grateful to have welcomed McKenzie into our family and honestly can't imagine life without her. Our hearts have just grown and all seems right in the world since she joined us! 

No comments: