Saturday, October 11, 2008

Parents in TOWN!!!

So this last weekend Scottie and I were lucky enough to have our parents on his side of the family come visit us for parent weekend for the med students. It was a fun filled weekend and now we are missing them a lot so I decided to put some fun pics up in memory of our fun time together.


All together!!!


Friday
Rich and Tracy arrived in Columbus, OH Friday afternoon and we had a good time showing them around the town that night and showing them where we live. We went to the Easton Town Center, (which is comparable to the Gateway in SLC, but way way bigger!) We had a yummy dinner at Red Robin that night and then went home to talk and talk. Scottie and Rich went to the priesthood session of conference and Tracy and I chilled together at home while we waited for them to come (sorry Tracy I didn't let you do much math, we were busy chatting LOL). It was nice to have Rich here so Scottie could still continue his tradition with his dad and go the priesthood session with him.



At Red Robin


Saturday
The next morning was fun with lots of neat workshops OSU planned out to give the families a better idea of what their children where going through at med school. The best part was all the hands on activities we did, as you can tell from the pics they let us play around on some pretty expensive equipment.

We're standing outside the med building where Scottie has all his classes

I am getting to do an ultrasounds on Scottie HOW COOL!!!

Tracy's Turn

Now Scottie wants to show us how it's done

Hopefully Scottie won't ever try surgery on himself! J/K

Rich is looking at a quater of a million dollar piece of machinery

Now he is touching it LOL

Now we are looking at our ears

We are learning how to draw blood, these arms have veins with fake blood in them. So we had to be very careful

My turn

Rich is watching closely


My favorite part was the ultrasounds, seeing a heart beat for reals for the first time was amazing, I don't even think I can describe it. Our bodies are so very amazing. After all of the activities we walked around campus and even snuck a peak at Scottie's body in the anatomy lab (shh shhh that part is a secret though). Seeing the inside of a dead body was very interesting and probably a once in a lifetime chance for me, so I decided what the heck and went in for it and even asked Scottie if I could hold the heart! Tracy jumped in too and now we can both say we have had the privilege of holding on to a real human heart

Sunday

The next day we watched conference at the gateway building. We went all the way over there because that building is right next to the Columbus temple and we wanted to show them their first small temple. (President Hinkley's idea to help make temples more available, and we are so grateful for this because we have a temple nice and close still.)

FOOTBALL STADIUM

The OSU Football Stadium

We also were sneaky and found a way to get into the famous OHIO STATE FOOTBALL STADIUM. This was our second attempt to see the field so we were all too pleased when we found an unlocked gate. (Man we sound like such rebels, I think Tracy and Rich must bring out our wild side or something LOL)



THE TOUCHDOWN PASS to win the game!!!


That night we wanted to let our parents in on a tradition of ours and we got together with some of our friends out here an played games. We played my favorite game (catch phrase). I must have gotten way into it because a couple of the girls that where told me Rich leaned over to them and said "I love watching how into it Angie is". So I get really excited and intense, but what can I say the girls won twice even though the boys tried to cheat once. Long story but girls that were there know what I am talking about LOL.

Monday
The next day was Monday and I had to head back to work, but Scottie played hookie and got to spend more time with his parents before they left. Who can blame him they are so fun and time was so short. Rich and Scottie played tennis and then later that day they went and checked out downtown Columbus before Scottie took them to the airport


It was super lonely with out them after they left but we were both so grateful they took the time to come see us. It will be a special memory that we will cherish forever. Thanks for coming Rich and Tracy!!!

7 comments:

heather said...

Wow! Looks like you had a busy weekend!! How fun!! Oh - and we're super jealous you got to stand on the field in the stadium! We'll have to be sneaky next time ... :)

Javidite said...

That is cool that you got to play with the equipment and go on the field. But make sure you don't become a OSU fan. I hope you still have some true blue BYU cougar blood in you!

Our Fun Times said...

Wow, what a fun and eventful time! Looks like a blast. Hey, what did you decide to do about work? Curious...let me know. Miss ya

Courtney said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a blast that you guys actually got to participate in all the neat doctor stuff. Especially seeing the inside of a human! That is way cool. All that stuff is so interesting to me.

The McBrides said...

What a fun week! you guys are so cute, i absolutely love seeing pictures of what your doing together and think back at when you guys were dating! Hope med school is going great, it looks like your having a riot out there!

HDVB said...

I'm so glad that you guys came over - we absolutely LOVE you two! Please don't ever hesitate to call/text me about AnYtHiNG! Talk to you soon!

Whitney said...

looks like it was such a fun visit with family! i am so jealous you got to go to stand on the field of the ohio state football! you two look like you are having so much fun. i have been meaning to write a comment! i think it's hilarious you gave scottie an ultra sound. oh the benefits of a med school student! ;)