On March 20, 2009 my little brother Andrew married his childhood sweetheart Jill Fuller (now Hansen). Scottie and I were blessed to be there for this wonderful event (thanks to my parents), and now I want to share my experience with you all, so enjoy as usual!!! We were blessed to have spring break the same time they decided to have the wedding so Scottie didn’t have to miss med school…yes for us. OK here it goes..and the trip started out interesting so pay attention.
Tuesday- we fly out to Washington- this is probably the most anticipated plane ride I have ever had because I had a connecting flight with my sister and her two adorable kids. So I was able to spend some time with them before the other relatives could interfere LOL. Priceless!
Jordie giving me a hug after opening his Birthday present
Here the interesting part: We live in between two airports and my brother (yes the one getting married) went to the wrong one to pick us up…you can only imagine he had his mind on other things. So dad came to the rescue and we stayed in a hotel up at Mt. Vernon. (You can only imagine the teasing my brother will get for years to come LOL. Love you Andrew)
Wednesday-Only day in Washington not sick- We spent the day chatting as a family and preparing for the big day. We had to keep the family tradition alive of going out to eat at Applebees, so we did…and this is where the sick part came in
Thursday-FOOD POISIONING!!!-So I woke up at 4am throwing up…well having problems in both ends. The last time I can remember throwing up was when I was 10 so this was no FUN. My sweet incredible husband laid by my side all day long and took care of my every need…he even held my hair up as the prayed to the porcelain bowl (AKA toilet). My love for Scottie grew so much…and I appreciate him so much!
He offered to give me a blessing and I know it is because of his blessing that I was able to go to Andrew’s wedding, luncheon, and reception, and have an incredible time. I am so grateful to have a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and act in God’s name!
Friday- The BIG Day- Andrew and Jill were married and it was perfect…see pics above in slideshow (thanks Scottie for remembering to take pics). They were married in the Portland Temple and the weather held out for them…meaning no rain. They had their luncheon at Mary McCranks and then their reception that night. It was a blast and the Fuller family dance was probably my favorite part.
Saturday Sunday and Monday- All good…I saw two life long friends Kari and Kelli who I haven’t seen forever. Spent priceless time with my family, and savored the moments of just being home. And I just realized this is becoming a long post so I must end.
Thanks for reading it all if you did.
My old "roomie" Kelli
I had a wonderful time with my family. It was the first time we were all together in over two years. (family- I love you all so very much and I am so grateful we are sealed together to be a forever family).








8 comments:
How fun. I still wish we were married in the Portland Temple but Seattle is okay I guess.
I have the day off work and am getting bored.
We will be home on the 9th!
I'm so glad you got to be with your family for this exciting event! I bet you loved getting some time with them. I'm sorry you were sick for part of it, but you have a good husband to take care of you!
Just tell Scottie that was a good practice round for when you're prego. lol, I'm glad you guys had a good time on either side of the sickness!
So fun to see you! My boys miss you tons, as I do! But we'll see you soon! Love yA! April
Will you email me some of the pics from andrew's wedding? Mostly the ones of my family, and the really cute ones of everyone. I can't get them off of blogger. THanks!
I'm sad that you were sick, but glad you got to go home for a little while. I'm going home to surprise my mom for mother's day and am so excited! We miss you guys!
YAY! Congrats to your brother! I am glad that you were able to participate even through sickness. Being with family is so fun!!
Oh my gosh he is already married...crazy! By the way you look so good!! I'm sorry you were sick! what a great hubby! miss you
Post a Comment