Sunday, August 8, 2010

Washington

Scottie and I were able to take a much needed to trip to Washington, and it was great to be surrounded by those who love us the most!
I was able to spent about two full weeks with my family and Scottie spent 1/2 of the time with us and then 1/2 of the time with his family in Utah for his friend Brian's wedding.
Austin and Audrey had youth conference while I was in town. This year it was the dance festival so Mom, Dad, and I headed down to Vancover to watch the show.


Here are some of the kids getting their groove on! It was fun to watch.

So I used to babysit this girl and her siblings!!! She is taller than me now and most of her siblings are taller than me now too! I can't find the picture with all four of us together so this one will have to work. It was such a fun surprise to see Talia, Hayden, and Dallin Perrins. I haven't seen them since my wedding reception, over 4 years ago and man oh man have they all grown up a bit....or should I say a lot!

Hansen gals after church....lookin good ladies!

Even my 13 year old baby sister is taller than me...what happened???

The first Hansen Family Reunion- Camping at Lake Chelan

This was the best group pic I could get.

Me and My Papa on his boat!

Doing some wake boarding...lots of fun!

My two studly brothers


So I couldn't help myself from taking pictures of Austin... he seemed to enjoy getting them taken too lol. He has quite the fashion sense if you can't tell.




The best part of the photo shoot....were the sandles and socks by far!

Andrew and Jill showing off the MEGA TARP!!! Really the set up was sweet, plus we gave it a sweet name!
What is strange about this picture??? yes Andrew is fishing?

behind the car?

We had too much fun goofing around if you couldn't tell.

Scottie enjoying the beautiful weather and doing some leisure reading.

So this picture is to say thanks to my little Bro Austin. He did a sweetest thing for me while we were fishing. He let me "catch" this fish below even though we all know he had it on his pole before he handed it on over to me and asked me if I wanted to fish for a little bit. It ended up being the only fish anyone caught the whole trip! Thanks Austin for letting me "catch" the fish even though I know you did all the real catching.


Happy Father's Day Dad! It was so nice being in town to celebrate in person with my Papa. The kids all pitched in a bought him a new grill.

Amazing Scottie did all the assembling.

Audrey and I making cookies for Dad.

Our Wednesday night tradition at Applebees.

Seattle FUN!!! The kids and I spent one of the days I was in town visiting the Space needle and Pike's Place Market. Two of the must sees in Washington if you ever get the chance to go, GO! We had so much fun all day and created a lot of fun memories together. We enjoyed taking a ton of pictures and finding crazy things to do for the camera. It was hard to select only a few because we took a hundred at least!

Me, Austin, and Audrey

The Space Needle

Pike's Place Market

Here we are putting money into Rosie the golden pig. This pig is right in front of the famous place where they throw the fish. This giant piggy bank raises over $10,000 dollars a year.

A street performer, they were all over the place.


I convinced the produce guy to let us try a lychee each. It was the weirdest tasting fruit ever! The texture was like eating squid and the taste was similar to a pear/strawberry.



Watching them throw the fish and sing was a highlight of the day.



The famous gum wall. NO joke Pike's Place Market has a famous wall covered in gum. It's not even just a wall it's like a whole street ally! It was so gross and cool all at the same time.

Here we are adding our gum to the wall...history in the making.


OHIO- One of our missions for the day was to find a cool prop to do the famous OHIO pose with. Austin gets the credit for finding the H.

Got Rain? Gotta love it.


Such a fun day in Seattle!!! Good times.

If you made it to the end of this post congrats! I know it was a long one, but I had so much fun in Washington that I had to properly document it. Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

HDVB said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging :) I loved all the pictures! You guys did a lot of fun stuff! Glad you had time to relax and be surrounded by family! Love you girl!

P.S. can't believe that gum wall...too funny! ;)

We Rock Well said...

I LOVE this post!! These are the kind of trips and adventures I wish I could do! I'm glad you had such a good time, you truly deserve it. I love you lots and lots and hope to see you sometime soon!

Taunya and Ian said...

Wow! Picture Marathon! There was a drout and now there is a flash flood! What a fun trip! I love nothing more than family visitation! YOu take the funnest pictures!

The Dimond's You Love said...

My favorite thing about this post is that you lived in WA and yet you still managed to have the best time ever with your family gallivanting around, that is what life is about-enjoying the things you have not always having to push for more. Of course progression is important, but there are the times where we forget how great the things are that are right in front of our face. =) Such awesome pic's, I'm glad you posted so many. =)

Anonymous said...

Angela and Scottie, I loved your comments and pictures. Brings back memories. I wish that you both lived closer. I am amazed at what awesome people, the two of you are. You both are so kind, tender, sensitive, generous and funny. I enjoy being around the two of you and find that you both make me want to be a better person. I am so pleased with how the two of you are living your lives and how much you reach out to help others. I love you both and I am so proud to be your Dad. Love you both. Dad

WeFlipSticks said...

I too loved this post and am so glad to see you blogging again. We missed you while Scottie was in town but totally understood you were where you needed to be. And it looks like you had a BLAST while you were there! Can't wait to see you later this year at the wedding!

Allyson said...

Yay! Glad you're back! So glad you got to spend time with your family and see beautiful Seattle!

I miss the flowers at the market and stepping off the ferry in the morning when the sun comes up over the horizon (although I'll never miss the smell.:) Loved the pics!

Jamie Lynn said...

Glad you are blogging again! Looks like a fun trip - I am loving the gum wall! We did that to our locker in high school! lol.

Veronica said...

Fun times. Looks like you had fun and everyone else too. I am a little jelous.

Our Fun Times said...

Oh my gosh, sooooo much fun!! What a blast!! And I must say that the "gum" wall is NASTY and yet funny all at the same time....good call on adding your mark there... hehe :) I loved the post, so great! And please do tell your hubby HAPPY LATE B-DAY!! Love ya girl, let's chat on the telephone soon :) Miss ya Vevs

M and M said...

I'm glad you got to go home and have fun seeing family! I hope you're doing well. Matt and I miss you guys!!!!

taryn said...

What fun trip! Austin's outfits are awesome! I love it :) Keep the posts comin' Ang :) Love ya!