Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Playing Catch Up and Going Back To Valentine's Day

So with Madison's arrival, some things got pushed to the back burner like blogging about other events besides her LOL. Because this is my online scrapbook I have to take a trip back in time and blog about some important events. Including VALENTINE'S DAY.
It was my Dear Scottie's year to do the planning and he sure out did himself. Valentines was a fun last celebration with just the two of us...little did we know then how soon Madison would be joining us ( 9 days to be EXACT!)!!!

How I found my office Valentine's Morning- Every year since we first started dating Scottie has decorated my classroom (when I was teaching) or my office. I sure appreciate the effort that he puts into making me feel special, and for a hubby who is willing to publicly express his love for me. Scottie also is a smart man and has learned that giving me flowers in public is better than just doing it at home LOL. Funny but true...right ladies?

After work/school we kept on celebrating by eating at P.F. Chang's- The restaurant had an awesome 4 course meal special that we enjoyed.


Once we returned home Scottie continued to surprise me by having me sit on the couch while he set up the laptop and gave me my first present....a digital scrapbook of our last 6 years together. It was really sentimental because it was a continuation of the first digital scrapbook he had made me from when we first started dating through our engagement. As if that wasn't enough he went down stairs and then brought up a huge box from the basement with presents inside. These weren't your ordinary presents though because each of the 13 gifts corresponded with a question in his "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Game". The questions each had to do with an event in our relationship (ie. what was he wearing the first time we meet and what did we do?) and got progressively harder.


Scottie setting the game up!

Me enjoying being surrounded by gifts!!! Yippee

Me in the black robe Scottie got me- I really wanted a robe to wear while I was in the hospital (labor and delivery) so I wouldn't have to wear the hospital ones. Luckily Scottie was a good listener and got one for me because I would be using it 9 days later, and wouldn't have time to get one myself!

The robe was a $250,000 dollar question...lucky for me I got it right without the need for a life line.

Me celebrating my success at the game!!! I think I surprised Scottie by only using 1 1/2 life lines and for getting the very last aka hardest question right super fast!

Now on to Scottie. I also had a trick or two up my sleeve and had some nice things planned out for him. One of them included his present surprise. If you didn't know this already Scottie is hard to shop for and only requested money for his gift...so I had to think outside the box and get him somethings I thought he wanted.

First I started off with the money...$100 dollars:)

Then an OSU hat (thanks Jace for helping me on the phone) and some other things....I think he liked the OSU calendar the best.
Anyways it was a great day of love!!! I am so grateful for Scottie and that my Heavenly Father gave him to me! He really is the perfect guy for me, and I don't know what I would do without him. Words can't explain what he means to me, but I feel lucky to have married my best friend, # 1, kindred spirit, soul mate, and perfect eternal companion!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Why don't my first comments show up, this confuses the heck out of me!
I said- you guys are so awesome! Dad and I got a new chair in the family room and called it the valentine, mother's day, anniversary chair! But we went out to dinner too :)

Love ya!

Scott Parker said...

Well this post got a little mushy here, so sorry for any dudes who visited the sight. But as Lil' Bow Wow would say "these are the crazy things we do for love" I had a great V-day with you too Angie, sure love ya.