Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Orleans

We have been in New Orleans this past week!!!!!!!!! Dr. Parker attended The Society of Interventional Radiology conference there, and Maddie and I tagged along for the fun. The city of New Orleans is really unique and we enjoyed checking out the historic parts of the town, The French Quarter, Bourbon Street (aka Mardi Gras Street) , and the River Walk. We also did some site seeing at the Southern Louisiana Plantations.
 On Sunday we checked out some of the city parks after church. This one was Autumn Park. There were turtles all over the lake behind us!!!!
Maddie and I in front of the amphitheater
 Madison loved all the ducks, dogs, and squirrels at the park!!!
 Madison also loved our KING sized bed. I think this probably was her favorite part of vacation. No joke, she just loved chillin' on it!
 The Riverwalk
 NEW ORLEANS- down town in the French Quarter
 Street performers
 We couldn't get over the narrow streets and the three story buildings! It really is a city full of interesting architecture.


 A lot of New Orleans is run down. We were surprised that there were normal buildings right next to abandoned buildings.
 "Hit the Road Jack" a song performed by our very own street performer:) He said he had been singing there for over 45 years!!!
Home to Mardi Gras
 Madison all tuckered out on Madison Street


 Dinner at The New Orleans Seafood Co- we enjoyed our view from the second floor balcony
 Dr. Parker outside his conference's convention hall
 One very tired Maddie at the end of a long site seeing day!
 An uptown ice cream parlor and chocolate boutique called Sucre. We enjoyed sampling many flavors and were pleased with our final selections:) Maddie liked em too.
The chocolates were$2 a piece so we passed, but they were really fun to look at!
 Plantation Country
 We ended our vacation by checking out some of the plantations. They were very interesting and we especially liked our tour of the San Francisco Plantation.
Oak Valley Plantation
 Slave quarters
 San Fransisco Plantation 
 Maddie and I with our tour guide, Elsa.
 Scottie in front of the plantation's last bag sugar
 Check out this old school shower!!!!!!!!!!
 This plantation was so cool because most of it was still original. Checking out the original toilets in the bedroom.
 Slave quarters
 After this tour we rushed off and caught our flight back home to good old Columbus. We were all thankful to be able to sleep in our beds one last night before we continue our 3 week hiatus (of vacations) in Utah and California. MORE updates and pics once we return!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like a fun little trip!! So cute that Madison loved the bed so much! And I love the picture with Madison on Madison Street. Very fun!

taryn said...

I have not been up on my blogs lately so it was fun for me to "catch up" here :) Your hair is adorable! I'm jealous of your ability to pull it off! And of course Madi is looking as adorable as ever! When will you guys be moving to Utah? I swear I move closer to my friends just as they're moving away. Jenny moved out of TX the week before we moved to TX and now I'll bet you'll be out of Ohio before we move to Indiana. Darn. I'm excited for you guys and Scottie to start his awesome residency! Fun times ahead for the Parkers!