Thursday, May 9, 2013

Columbus Half Marathon!!! Marathon Extraordinaires Reporting in!


So many updates are needed on this blog because so much has been happening, but one of the things I am most proud of is the fact that Scottie and I ran the Columbus half marathon the morning after we got back into town from all our travels!

We both set new personal records, and are feeling pretty proud of ourselves!!! The weather was perfect and it was a great race day for me to be able to say goodbye to my beloved C-bus half marathon (it was my 3rd and final time running it before we move).
 Some of our fellow runners
 Scottie finishing strong-I was able to return the favor and cheer him on at the end, like he has done for me so many times. It was fun and I enjoyed watching him.
 Our after the race celebration!!! Showing off our big "guns" and metals!!!
 My new half marathon personal record= 1:58
 Scottie's new personal record (with hardly any training)= 2:12
More celebration pictures
 Me with Lacey and Whitney
A special shout out to Whitney-I wouldn't have been able to to finish under 2 hours without her. She kept me going and was my personal pacer, not letting me fall behind.
 Scottie and I are happy our race is over and are giving ourselves the week off from running!!! Thanks for being good to us Cap City Marathon:) Happy Running!

2 comments:

HDVB said...

Way to go you two! So impressive!

Whit said...

Aw! Love this post! You are amazing!!