Thanksgiving Break was a blast for Scottie and me!!! We decided that we would do something special since it was our first Thanksgiving away from family. The special something that we did was go to Washington DC. Scottie had never been there before and it's been years since I was last there, so it was a fun experience for us both. We loved seeing all of the monuments, museums, and important buildings (like the Capital, White House, and the Supreme Court House.)
US OUTSIDE THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL
CAN YOU GUESS WHERE WE ARE AT???
You can't get that close,but lucky for us our camera has a powerful zoom
THIS IS AN AMAZING PIC OF THE CAPTITAL (taken by Scott Parker)
This is an ok pic taken by a stranger. I guess you have to do what you have to do to get both peeps in the picture LOL
This monument was built in 2004 and it was amazing.
Us inside the Museuem of Natural History (way cool, they even had real dinosaur bones!!!)
The history teacher was going crazy inside of me the whole time and I absolutely loved seeing all of the historical things there (I seriously almost started crying when I saw the original Declaration of Independence).
THIS WAS THE CONSTITUTION
(they keep it very dark to preseve the document)
The Lincoln Memorial (our fav)
THE WALL OF REMEMBERENCE
(this wall is from the Vietnam war and there are over 58,000 names on the wall. I am so grateful for all the sevice men who fought and died for our courntry... this memorial was very touching)
Here is Scottie's new best friend...NOT I would be jealous!
Korean War Memorial
Scottie and I appreciate our country so very much and we are grateful for this trip because it made us that much more aware of how great our nation is! This is truly the promised land and we pray that God will always bless America!
So I have too many pictures that I want to share and this post is getting too long, so I am going to try to figure out how to make a slideshow so you can all enjoy them!!!!
THIS IS A TRADITION HERE AT OHIO.
People take pictures all acrossed the whole doing this and then send them in to this competition thing... we just did it for kicks.






4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I would love to go to D.C. and see all the historic sites. My parents just got back from there and had such a great time. Oh and that cracks me up that the other 2 people in that pic of you spelling Ohio are strangers! I love it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! You two are WAY too cute for your own good - I love the pic of you with the strangers LOL!! We missed you! :)
I am not sure how Holly did it but she found your blog! Good to see all is well in Ohio. Funny that you posted this about Washington DC. I was telling Holly just last night how it has been awhile since I have been there and she has never been there, so I started looking into DC Packages for a vaca next year. You'll have to let me know the hot spots. Good to see you guys!
Angie I love all of these pictures! It was fun to see you tonight! And the O-H-I-O picture is my favorite. We do it on vacations too. It's funny how many people from Ohio we randomly meet on vacations too - like in the airport Ry will be wearing an OSU shirt and randomly someone yells "O-H!" at us and we yell back "I-O"! And we're instant friends. :) Isn't that fun?
Post a Comment