Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cruisin The Caribbean With My Hansen Family Cont...

Ok so here are some of my favorite pictures from my family's vacation, mostly because I got lots of group photos (which normally never happens!!!) I also don't think my family has been all together with spouses in over 2 years!!! My family all met up Thursday morning and loaded ourselves into Tony's Trusty Transportation van and made our way to our Carnival Fun Ship. We spent most of the day chilling on the ship and eating of course:) Here we are below ready to go and super excited to see our cruise ship!The next day, Friday, we stopped at Key West, our first port of call. At Key West my family went all out and took a private catamaran to Dolphin's Playground to watch some dolphins play and then we went and snorkeled on the reef.
A sweet family photo, I think this one above is my MOST favorite from the entire trip!!!
Me with my siblings!!! We all had such a great time catching up and just getting to be with each other.
Snorkeling!!! The coolest part was seeing a HUGE barracuda super close to me (like 2 feet away close!)
My whole family saying cheese together....group pics make me very happy if you can't tell!!!





Scottie and I in front of our cruise ship at Key West (above). US below....we used the ships props and took a pic of us in front of the ship??? Which one do you think is real? LOL
Formal Night- Since our family cruise was in honor of my parent's 30th wedding anniversary we thought it would be appropriate if we celebrated! All of my siblings and I pitched in and got my parents a personalized picture of the Salt Lake Temple. That is where my parents were sealed for all time and eternity 30 years ago:) This is picture of them with a picture of the picture. We didn't bring the actual 20x30 picture on the ship....it would be too big!!!
Our second port of call was Cozumel, Mexico! Here we went and checked out the Mayan Ruins at Tulum. This place was so cool, and it was so fun for Scottie and I to compare these ruins to the other ones we saw on our last cruise in Costa Maya. Tulum was huge and and had a breath taking view of the ocean!!! Seriously the Nephites/Lamanites couldn't have selected a better location for their city.
Tulum was so great because you could actually envision how the city actually looked when it was inhabited. Our guide said the pathways/roads were even in the exact same spot as they once were originally.
Of course an O-H-I-O picture was needed from a place with this amazing view!!!
We ended our Tulum experience with a very brief and I mean brief (right family!!!) drip in the ocean.
After we got back from Tulum we had a little bit of time left to explore Cozumel and Scottie decided he wanted to be a little bit adventurous and suggested we swim in the No Swimming area. Austin and I decided to be rebels too and joined in the fun:)
In front of our cruise ship...a pretty amazing picture huh?
On the last night of our cruise my family watched the sunset together. It was really beautiful.
After we got back to Miami, we still had the whole day to spend together was a family before our flights brought us back to reality...so we decided to hit up South Beach. It was a relaxing and fun way to end our vacation.
April, Me, and Jill (my fun sister in law)
Here is my family once again in front of our Trusty van. This time the party is over and we are saying goodbye at the airport. We had such a great time together and I am so grateful to my parents for giving us this amazing experience. Some of my favorite parts of the trip were the sentimental things we did together like; the nightly family devotionals, secret pals, and church together on Sunday. My Dad said " I have learned that when we feel the spirit, we will make commitments and be willing to keep those commitments. It is interesting that you bond with those that you are having those spiritual experiences with. I think that is why it is so important for couples/families to constantly be having spiritual experiences together." I couldn't agree more with him and I am grateful that my parents worked these spiritual experiences in, so my family could feel the spirit and bond together. Here's to a wonderful vacation!!!

4 comments:

VEVA said...

OH MAN, THAT LOOKED AWESOME!! Wow, oh wow, I want to do the Carribean now, sheesh it looked like the BOMB.COM!! What an amazing trip to have with your family! Tell your parents congrats on their awesome marriage, that is something you guys will remember forever. Be sure to make a picture book of that trip, that is for sure. So great!! And girl, you are rocking those pics, hubba hubba ding dang baby you got everything!! :) Miss your cute face Angie girl, and maybe one day we can go on a cruise together :) hehe that would be fun no doubt!! Love ya Vevs

Veronica said...

You are amazing. Thank you so much for your help through my sad times.
You and your family look like it was tons of fun.

Taunya and Ian said...

what a fun trip!!! You look beautiful on the 'dress up' night! Hope you are doing well!

Brianna said...

What a fun trip! We miss you both.