Saturday, September 20, 2014

Summer Fun in Washington

Our Summer certainly has been fun and BUSY this summer! We were luckily enough to make a trip out to Washington to visit my family and support my Dad getting released as Stake President. All my siblings and their families came into town for the occasion and it was the first time we were all together in YEARS, so we made a little Hansen Family reunion out of it. 
All the grand kids with Elder Perry. 
Wishing him a Happy 92nd Birthday
Cousins!!!
 Dinner Time. Madison helping Grandpa grill. 
Getting eggs with Grandma Karen. Oh how Madison loves this, and talks about it all year long! 
 Family Pictures
 After spending a few days at home in Chehalis, we all loaded up and went camping in our beloved Wenatchee!
 One of my favorite Wenatchee traditions is grocery shopping. We all get a shopping cart and load it up with whatever! We may have gotten more junk food than real food this time....I'm just saying! Us Hansen's know how to party! 
  Scottie setting up camp
 Camping wouldn't be official if Madison didn't get into some kind of trouble. Here she is looking guilty as ever, she was supposed to be taking a nap, but found my lip stick instead. The rest is self explanatory!  
 After a day of boating at the lake, we decided on a whim to take Madison on her first horsie ride! She loved it and had such a great time on Bubba. Of course, she picked out the biggest horse. 
 Our guide was awesome and let both Scottie and I have a turn riding with her. 
 Scottie and I floating the river. 
Whoooooooot Whoooooooooooo
 All the Grand kids with Grandma 
 Giving Daddy some loves before he had to go back to Utah. We all ended up leaving a little early from camping because we sadly got rained out. We still made the most of our time there, and luckily the rain held off for most of the day time hours. 
  Scottie had to work all weekend long so Madison and I stayed a few extra days in Washington. One of the fun things we did was go swimming at the new remodeled Chehalis Pool. 

 All my sibling and I were lifeguards at this pool and here we are with our first boss, Lilli Wall. 
 Having some Sunday fun with our family dog, Lady. Madison is obsessed with her. 
 Maddie with Aunt Audrey
 Maddie with Uncle Andrew
 My HS friend Kari came down and spent the day with us. Kari and I had so much fun chatting, taking our Maddies to Penny Play Ground, and then getting ice cream at Dairy Dans.
 Kari's Madison still towers over my Maddie!!! Hahaha Madison def has her Mama's short genes. I love that we have daughters the same age, and that they'll get to grow up and be friends too!
Grateful to spend time with my awesome family! Miss you all. 

2 comments:

Scottie and Angie said...

Fun times!!!

daniela said...

How fun! I love cute Madison with that lipstick :)