Monday, September 22, 2014

Yellowstone

Scottie's parents invited us to go to Yellowstone with them, and we had a blast! I have never been before so it was fun to mark another thing off my bucket list as a 30 year old:) We did a lot of site seeing, and Scottie was a trooper and stayed with us ladies the whole time, making sure my 30th birthday was special there. My overall impressions: 1-The Park is HUGE! 2-Didn't see as much wild life as I had imagined (I remember hearing stories about bears all over the place, so I was hopeful we would see some). 3- Totally blown away with how diverse the topography is. I think that was my favorite part of our visit (besides the company!), and I loved looking out on one side of the road and seeing volcanic geysers, and then a beautiful stream with trees on the other side of the road. Yellowstone truly is one of God's amazing creations. So many unique land forms all in one place and close together too. 
Our condo was in West Yellowstone
 Our first buffalo sighting!!! He was super close too. (we saw 4 total) 
 Gem colored hot spring! 
 Crazy that the ground in some places is even hot. I may have broken the rules and touched the ground to check:) 
 Madison with Daddy and Grandpa Groovy in front of the first geysers we saw
 We couldn't pass up this awesome photo-op with our Yellowstone Group
 Watching Old Faithful
 Waiting for the eruption
 It was an overcast day when we watched Old Faithful, so I don't think we got the best show. But it was still amazing to see the iconic geyser in person. 
 Making the trek down 100s of stairs to see the Falls. Wish someone would've carried me, lucky Madison! We were blown away with the engineering of the stairs...not quite sure how they did it. 
 The Falls
 As you can tell Maddie was ready for a nap!
 Boiling mud pits, hot springs, water falls, and more!!! 
 This was Scottie's favorite place. Looks like snow behind us, but it's hot hot hot water!!! 
 Two resting antelope.
Thanks for inviting us to Yellowstone Rich and Tracy, we had a great time!

No comments: