Sunday, September 21, 2014

Thirty, Thriving, Having FUN, and Skydiving!!! Angie Turns 30

Turning 30 never felt so good! hahahaha...it was a great birthday and I appreciated everything Scottie did to make sure I had a memorable 30th birthday. My birthday celebration started out with a surprise birthday party Thursday evening. I had NOOOOOOOOOOOOO clue. Scottie came home and suggested we take Madison to the Bountiful temple.  She's been on a temple kick and we've been meaning to take her so we did. Upon our return home I discovered our house full of friends yelling surprise!!! Then it all clicked and made more sense why Scottie was trying to leave the temple so quickly, he just needed to get me out of the house!!!
 At the temple before the BIG SURPRISE!!!
 My reaction! I was totally caught off guard!!!
 My awesome Scottie had put together the whole thing, and managed to keep it all a secret! I do pride myself on being able to read him like a book, so he successfully pulled a fast one on me with this surprise party. I had a great time and especially liked the "How well do you know Angie" games Scottie put together.
So glad everyone came to celebrate and am grateful for the amazing Foxboro Friends we have.
 Camille and I both have birthdays in August so we went out to dinner at Tucanos! Even got to use our free meal birthday coupons.  
 The birthday circle in Yellow Stone. Scottie took a little time off of work and took me to Yellow Stone for the first time with his family. (I will blog about Yellow Stone next)
 THE BIG EVENT for my 30th birthday was skydiving!!! I have always wanted to go, and decided I might as well celebrate turning 30 with the biggest thrill:)
 Madison with her crazy skydiving parents! She had a lot of fun watching and just said this the other day, "I am going to go skydivin when I am all grown up, and jump out of an airplane. Daddy will come too and keep me safe. "
 Us with our instructors. Fish, and Faris
Plane ride up to 12,000 feet
 Ready, Set
 GOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo
 Doing a back flip out of the plane was my favorite part, and I carve that free falling sensation!
 Free falling at 120 mph for 7,000 feet!!!!
 Blowing a kiss 
 Fish pulling the cord with 5,000 feet to go! 
 Thank goodness it opened!! 
Scottie coming in for this landing
 The landing
Me landing 
We survived! Going skydiving was the best way to spend my last day as a 29 year old and I'm so glad I lived to see 30.  The experience was incredible! Free felling from 12,000 feet for about 1 minute covering 7,000 feet. Then we had a 6 minute para-shoot ride down to Earth! Coolest thing I've ever done! Glad to be 30, thriving, having fun and sky diving. 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey! I figured out how to comment from my iPad! I love this blog :)